Ch. 23 - Back As One Again

"Oh my god Dave, fuck" You whisper breathlessly as he collapses next to you on the bed.

"I know" He pants, rolling over and kissing your sweaty forehead, "I think that's going on our top ten list"

"Sure, as if there's a list" You murmur, rolling your eyes.

"Well if there was one I would say that night in high school when you drove up to Boston with the band would definitely be number one, number two would be our first time ever and three would be that time we locked ourselves in a bedroom at Jimmy's and didn't come out for 8 hours" He teases and you shove him.

"Perv" You scoff, sitting up and padding across the room to where your clothes were.

"Where are you going?" He asks with a pout.

"Your mom is going to be home from work soon! And though I would love to see her she doesn't need to find out that we've spent the past three days since we've been home in bed together" You say, a slight blush rising to your cheeks as he watches you redress.

"Come on Jules! She probably knows by now, what else does she think I've been doing all day?" He rolls his eyes and you purse your lips.

"I want her to think highly of me! I really like her and as far as she knows we aren't anything more than friends. I want it to stay that way" You explain and he smirks at you.

"No offense Jules but I don't think we as good at hiding our feelings as you think we are. I know for a fact she doesn't think we're 'just friends'" He replies before adding, "Also she would never think less of you for any reason, especially this. She adores you, I promise"

You smile to yourself as you pull your sweater over your head.

"I know its dumb, I know I'm liberated and I'm comfortable being open with my sexuality but the thought of her seeing me as just the girl who's sleeping with her son worries me" You whisper, before giving him a soft kiss.

"I'll see you tomorrow—" He begins and just then the door crashes open and you hear Virginia yell to Dave.

"David could you please help me with the groceries. I got supplies for ribs—your favorite! Also is that Julia's car in the driveway? I hope she'll be staying for dinner" She yells and Dave grins devilishly.

"Perfect timing huh?" He says and you laugh in spite of yourself.

"Let me just call my mother to tell her I won't be home until later" You sigh and he heads out into the kitchen to help his mother.

When you're done leaving a message on your mom's machine you head out to the kitchen and greet Virginia.

"Hello!" You squeal and she wraps you up in a tender hug.

"Well hello to you too, you look so lovely today honey" She says, twirling you around so she can look at your outfit.

"Thank you Ginny" You say, reaching for a bag of groceries and helping her unload, "Are you going to need any help with dinner?"

"Well any excuse to spend sometime with you my dear I will take" She says, giving you a wink and the playfulness in her eyes reminds you of her son.

"I'll go out and start the grill" Dave says and you realize its unseasonably warm out so grilling makes sense, "Ribs are probably going to take a few hours so...eat around 7 mom?" He asks and Virginia nods.

"Sounds like a plan to me" She says, affectionately tucking a strand of his hair behind his ear, "I think we may need to get you a hair cut soon sweetie" She observes and he ducks out of her reach.