Ch. 34 - Weren't You Adored?

Hey guys! I know this storyline might seem a little dark and out of left field, but I'm asking you guys to trust me and trust the process of this fic :)) I promise I won't leave this hanging for too long and hopefully I'll have updated the story by the end of the weekend! Love you all 😘

You walk off the plane with a smile on your face, you know you probably look like an absolute crazy person but you're just so happy to be back in Seattle.

You had talked one of your professors into letting you take your last exam two days early so you were back in Seattle just a little bit more than forty-eight hours after you had left. You were so excited to see Dave so soon after you last saw him that you had decided to surprise him by showing up early.

Knowing that his mom had just left, you decided he was probably lonely and sad so even the thought of being able to see him again and making him happier made you smile, even if the whole week would just be spent sitting around the house and ordering takeout.

As your taxi pulls up to Dave's house you pay the driver and anxiously spin the key Dave had given you between your fingers as you walk up to the door.

For a second you're scared that he won't be home and you'll have to wait around like a creep for him to come back so you can surprise him, however you let out a sigh of relief when you see his car in the driveway.

Your hand shakes as you put the key in the lock and when you open the door you're slightly let down when you realize he doesn't seem to be awake yet, the lights are out and there is no sign of life in the house. Everything in the kitchen looks spotless meaning that he probably hadn't touched much since his mother left the previous afternoon.

You decide that to sneak up too his room and wake him up by lying down next to him in bed.

As you tiptoe up the stairs you feel like something is off immediately, you can't tell exactly what but something feels peculiar you. You feel yourself start to pick up the pace, knowing that as soon as you're with Dave whatever is bothering you will disappear.

You open the door to Dave's bedroom and the sight before you stops you dead in your tracks. For about two seconds you're vaguely calm, the whole scene is so quiet, eerily so.

Dave is still asleep at this point, at least mostly, and so is the girl next to him. From what you can tell from their bare shoulders and the abandoned clothing around the room, they're naked under the blanket.

You stand in the doorway, still dumbfounded while Dave stirs awake.

"Jules?" He says in a voice thick with sleep before realizing the situation around him, "Fuck!"

His face goes white almost immediately and before he can say anything else you immediately run out of the room and slam the door behind you, begging fate to not let Dave follow you out.

Dave's POV

You're fucked, the look her face and the sound of the door as it slams took your heart and crumpled it up as though it was a piece of loose leaf.

Jennifer begins to wake up as you throw on your clothes and you can barely look at her. You know it isn't her fault but if you see her you'll just be reminded of the mistake you made.

"Dave what was that noise? Is someone here?" She asks, you feel bad ignoring her but now is not the time to explain, now is the time to find Julia.

You run downstairs just in time to hear the screen door close. You follow her out to your yard and to your shock and horror you're met with the sight of the girl you love more than anything puking in the bushes next to the curb.