Ch. 14 - Here Until I'm Gone

"This is so cool!" You say as Dave and his new band mates walk back into the green room. They had been meeting with their tour managers for Europe out by the bar while you waited backstage for the opening band to finish.

"It's so fucking cool!" Dave yells, kissing you on the cheek and the rest of the band roars in approval.

It was weird to be hanging out during the opening band, you both were used to Dave being the opener that waiting around for others to finish playing felt foreign to you.

It was Saturday night, the last show the band would play in America before they left for Europe on Monday. Ian and a few other people from the scene were backstage with you to celebrate the final hurrah for Scream in America.

You were sad but you were trying not to let it show, especially because Dave and all the guys seemed so excited, you didn't want to ruin it with your anxiety about him being gone.

"Look alive kids!" Skeeter yells, throwing Dave a beer and offering you one as well.

"No I shouldn't," You say shaking your head at the can of cheap beer in front of you, "I have a feeling I'm going to have to be the one driving home tonight"

You motion to Dave who is currently in a shot gunning competition with Pete.

"Yeah I have a feeling you will be too" Dave responds when he resurfaces a few seconds later. He burps loudly and you roll your eyes.

"Alright I think we gotta initiate the rookie" Says Franz, exchanging a look with his brother and he nods and gets up to grab a bottle of Jack Daniels and some shot glasses from the make-shift bar in the corner.

"Dave take a shot for each time you've listened to our latest album" Franz teases and your snort into your water glass.

"Are you guys ready to search for another drummer? Because he'd die, he'd literally be taking shots until he died" You deadpan and they all laugh.

"Ok well you gotta at least do a couple Davey!" Shouts Skeeter, "And you gotta make the toast too man"

The whole room cheers as Dave gets up, a shot in each hand, and crawls onto the table to give a toast.

"Alright, alright! I just want to thank the guys from Scream for welcoming me into the band and blahblahblah—seriously though guys this is a dream come true and I'm so pumped for this tour. Thanks to everyone who helped me get here," He sways and you're scared he's gonna fall, "Especially the Stahl brothers, thanks for taking a chance on me boys!"

Everyone cheers as he downs his shots and you do too but your heart isn't in it. You know its petty but you're annoyed he didn't even look at you when he made his toast.

You help him get down from the table without hurting himself and he wraps an arm around your shoulder and squeezes you close to him.

"Are you having fun?" He asks and you give him the most enthusiastic smile you could muster.

"Of course I am!" You lie, "I'm so proud of you Dave" You add truthfully and he leans over and kisses you, a sloppy, half-drunk grin spreading across his face.

"You're so good to me" He states, before leading you over to the bar, "Do a shot with me, please!"

"You still have to play in like 10 minutes!" You giggle as he picks you up and spins you around, "And I have to drive! Why do we at least save it for later, you don't wanna be too trashed for your show" You explain and he pouts.

"No fun!" He says before yelling out to the room, "Will someone in here do a shot with me since little miss buzzkill won't!"

Immediately a few people run over to the bar, mostly girls, most noticeable of which was Amy. She was dressed in a tight black dress that's so short you're afraid if she crosses her legs it'll disappear and become a tank-top. She has doc martens on and you're jealous of the smallest things about her outfit, all the little things about her seem to give her punk credibility.