Ch. 24 - Your Horizon Takes Its Place

Hey guys, I know this is a little late but merry christmas/happy holidays! This chapter is sort of christmas themed and watch the video attached if you want to laugh a little!! Love you all 🌲❄️

"He said what!?" Yells Annie and the nearly silent coffee shop collectively grumbles in annoyance.

"Oh my god Annie! Could you please keep your voice down in public!" You exclaim and she doesn't look sorry at all.

"I still cannot believe that you ran into him in the first place! And now you're sleeping together again...and he loves you! I mean what the—" She continues without lowering her voice at all.

"That's it, we're enjoying our coffee and conversation outside" You say, grabbing her by her elbow and dragging her towards the door.

"How are you not more freaked out Julia? I mean this is crazy, a two weeks ago if you had told me this would be our main crisis of Christmas break I would've thrown this cappuccino in your face" You can't help but laugh at her dramatics.

"I have freaked out! I basically had an aneurysm outside Dave's house last night. I mean I knew we were something, I mean obviously we are something since we're sleeping together again but I didn't realize it was more than just having fun!" You explain and Annie nods sympathetically.

"I don't even know what I want anymore! I had put us in a box, very carefully compartmentalized and identified as someone I cared about, but still a fling all the same—now we have the opportunity to be more and I bonded with his family and I was realizing I might have feelings for him and apparently he did the same and I don't have any plan for this! Its utterly unprecedented" You continue.

"Well maybe its better you have no plan, that way you can just go with your gut and not let over analyzing get in the way" She suggests and you shrug.

"But I'm afraid if I go with my gut now, I'll get hurt in the future" You explain and Annie sighs and brushes your hair out of your face.

"Jules you don't have to make any life altering decision right away. My advice honestly is to take it one day at a time—I know I'm not really in a place to give advice on relationships but all my best times with Jim came from me not pressuring him or looking too far into the future." She explains, "Its not really a forever plan but its good temporarily. And since you're going back to school soon and eventually he'll have to tour again I feel like a temporary plan is your best bet"

"You're right, you're always right" You say, sipping the last of your coffee.

"Yes I know I am, but more praise is always appreciated."

"He mentioned you by the way" You add and she immediately looks up.

"Who? Jim? When did you see him?" She asks, her voice subtly raising an octave, "What did he say?"

"Yeah, he was at Dave's last night for dinner. He just asked how you were doing. I told him you were living down here again, I hope that was ok"

"Of course its ok...I can't believe he asked about me. Last I heard he was dating some rando from UVA—a nursing student, so boring" She complains and you hide a smile.

"So boring, saving lives—bleh" You tease and Annie shoots you a look, "Listen, he seemed single to me, and definitely seemed interested in what you were up to"

"Oh my god you're such an enabler! I told you I can't go back, I'm done with him, it was too much for me" She laments and you feel only slightly guilty.

"I miss him, I hate not being able to see him! I know its none of my business but seriously you guys were great together!" You say apologetically and she shakes her head and you know you should drop it.