Ch. 45 - Epilogue

You hear the sound of the door opening and look at your watch, they were right on schedule.

"Come on Rory, lets go see who it is!" You squeal, picking up your baby and walking into the foyer.

"There are my girls!" Dave yells, smiling immediately upon seeing you and your daughter walk in, "Hi sweetheart!" He adds, setting down the duffel he was holding, taking Aurora out of your arms and lifting her in the air.

"Look its Daddy!" You say, laughing and giving Dave a kiss on the cheek in greeting, then looking around for the other people who were supposed to be with him.

"Daddy!" Aurora says with a giggle, clapping a little as he blows a raspberry into her stomach.

"Hey, I missed you" Dave says, placing his free hand on the small of your back and kissing you on the lips.

"Its only been an hour, the airport isn't that far away" You tease and when he pouts in response you add, "But of course I missed you too, every second without you is torture Dave"

He laughs and kisses you one last time before speaking again.

"Jimmy and Annie are just getting the rest of their stuff out of the car." He says anticipating your next question. As if on queue your best friends from home walk in the door behind Dave.

"Ah, you made it!" You yell running over and hugging both, "Rory look its Uncle Jim and Aunt Annie, the world's best babysitters!"

"Jules, oh my god you look gorgeous, I dream of looking that good after the baby comes" Annie says, giving you a giant hug and you look down at her own growing bump.

"You are the one who is gorgeous, pregnancy looks so great on you" You say waving off her compliment.

"I agree with you Julia, she looks beautiful" Says Jimmy, kissing you on the cheek, "As do you"

"I second both of Jimmy's statements" Dave calls and you laugh.

"Thanks Jim" You smile, giving him a hug. He keeps an arm wrapped around you as you turn back to the group and you're grateful to have such close friends around you again.

"Thank you everyone" Annie adds.

"How was your flight?" You ask and Jimmy shrugs.

"It was a cross-country flight so obviously it sucked, but we're here" He says, removing his arm from your shoulder before walking over to Dave, "At least we get to see our god-daughter at the end of it" He says and Dave passes Aurora into Jimmy's arms.

"Say hi to uncle Jimmy" Dave says, tickling her stomach and she squirms and giggles.

"Hi" She says shyly and the room laughs.

"Come on Jim, I'll show you and Rory the new grill, lets leave the girls." Dave says, shooting a wink at you.

"Dave, just remember the guys are coming at two" You remind him as he walks out.

"Its ten am baby, even if Jimmy lets me talk in as much detail as I want, I doubt it will take four hours" He says and you stick your tongue out at him.

"Oh, I've learned never underestimate you, especially when it comes to anything barbeque related" You tease as you and Annie head upstairs.

"Let me see the dress" Annie squeals when you get up to your bedroom.

"Its really not that great" You groan but Annie sees right through you.

"Come on Julia, it's the fucking Grammy's, don't act like you aren't excited" She says and you laugh.