Ch. 44 - Ain't It The Life

Hello everyone!!! So I'm currently wiping a tear from my eye because this is the last chapter in the main storyline of The Punk and the Princess (we still have an epilogue coming but it's going to be a jumping a tiny little bit ahead)

I genuinely hope you guys enjoyed reading this book as much as I enjoyed writing it! Even though Running Away Into You is/was my pride and joy this book truly was my baby and the basis of this book is one I've been thinking about for even longer than my John fic. Thank you so much for all your kind words and all of the likes and reads you gave me, even with all the ups and downs and crazy time jumps I subjected you to. I have the best readers ever and I feel so lucky whenever I see a message/comment/etc from one of you guys! Thanks so much for all your support and I promise a new book is in your future soon :)))

"Hey guys, how are things down here?" You ask as you walk into the basement to see what the boys are up to.

"Hey Jules" Dave says, leaning over and giving you a kiss as you sit down with him and Taylor on the couch.

"Damn Julia, you're finally starting to actually sort of look pregnant" Observes Taylor and Dave smacks him.

"Are you calling my girl fat T?" Dave says half-jokingly and you roll your eyes at him.

"The bump actually popped today actually Tay, good observation. Father to be over here didn't even notice" You say, motioning to Dave and he holds up his hands defensively.

"I noticed! I just didn't want you to accidentally think I called you fat" He groans and you squeeze his hand to let him know you were kidding.

"I know, I'm just messing with you" You sigh, leaning over and kissing him gently, "So how's the recording going?"

"Believe it or not, we're on the last song. Dave just has to record the vocals and that's it for this record" Adam says and you get up and give him a hug, which seems to take him by surprise.

"I'm so proud of you guys!" You say excitedly and Dave laughs at your enthusiasm.

"She's just excited about having you degenerates out of our house" Dave says, pulling you closer so you're sitting on his lap.

"I'm going to make you guys a champions dinner tonight then, we should celebrate! Dave can grill and I'll do the rest! Should I call Jim?" You ask and Dave nods vigorously.

"If you could call my mom too Jules, I would really appreciate it, she'd wanna be here for this" He says as you get up and just as you're about to leave he adds, "And hey baby, could you ask Annie to make her famous cornbread, pretty please"

You laugh and kiss him on the top of the head, brushing his hair off of his forehead.

"Because you asked nicely of course I will" You say, with a small laugh. You go upstairs and call Jimmy, Annie, Dave's mom and his sister to invite them over to celebrate.

Before long everyone is over, milling around the house. You alternate between helping out in the kitchen with Ginny and talking on the porch with all the younger people.

"So Jules what is the plan now that the album's over? Are you gonna stay in Virginia?" Asks Jimmy as him and Annie help you set the table.

"I think we're going to stay in Virginia for at least until the baby is born and then relocate back to LA, Dave is gonna have some downtime until the album comes out. Its going to be hard though, I really have loved living here. Its such a breath of fresh air. I love just the calm, slowed down lifestyle and having family around me all the time. Even with the life I built in LA, it just doesn't compare to the friends I have in Virginia, this is home no matter what" You sigh.