Chapter 11

Nan: Who are you

After hearing Nandini speak these words Abhi and Manik were shocked to the core. They couldn't believe there ears... the one who was so dear to them... so close and loving had... forgot them.

Man: Nan... Nandini what are you saying... don't you remember me

Nan: No

Abh: Baby doll you don't remember me either

Nan: No... who are you... where am I... what happened to me...

Not able to hear anymore Manik dashed out the room. As he came out everyone looked towards him but he ignored them and ran outside. All were confused with his behaviour behind him Abhi came out they all looked towards him.

Muk: What happened why did Manik leave like that

Abh: I'll explain later but for now someone please call the doctor

Hearing him everyone got alert. Cabir went to find Manik and Aryaman went to get the doctor. As they left Abhi returned to Nandini's room and was just looking at her as she just gazed at her lap unsure of what to say. The rest decided to wait outside as Abhi had said that he will tell what had happened. Soon the doctor arrived and he went into Nandini's room, Aryaman waited outside with the others. The doctor entered Nandini's room and saw she was awake so he went and checked her. Her heartbeat, blood pressure and everything was fine.

Doc: How do you feel

Nan: A little painful but I'm okay

Doc: Okay

Abh: But doctor she doesn't remember anything

Doc: What

The doctor turned to face Nandini again.

Nan: He's right I don't remember anything at all

Meanwhile Manik had ran out the hospital and reached the parking lot.

Manik' P.O.V

She doesn't remember me... she doesn't remember anyone and its all because of me. How could I be so stupid? Why didn't I think before I acted? I should of thought of how it would effect her. I broke the already broken heart. She's right I am a monster, a monster who ruins everything, everyone's lives. I felt a hot liquid slide down my cheeks thats when I realised I was crying. I wiped my tears away but more kept coming not matter how much I tried I couldn't stop my tears.  Suddenly,  I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Cabir standing there.  Once he saw my tears he gave me a hug I broke down in his arm as I didn't have the energy to fight. Cabir was like my soul brother he could read me like a book and is always there for me. Soon he broke the hug and faced me.

Cab: What happened why did you leave like that

Man: She... she lost her memory

Cab: What

Man: Yes

I told Cabir what happened in Nandini's room how she reacted when she saw us.

Man: And it's all my fault

Cab: What... what are you saying Manik it is not your fault

Man: Yes it is Cabir I'm the one who broke her heart... I'm the one because of whom she had a heart attack and is in the hospital... all because of me

Cabir didn't say anything to me because he knew I was right and he wouldn't be able to change my mind.
After a few minutes of silence Cabir spoke.

Cab: Let's go back inside

Man: Hmm

I cleaned my face not wanting anyone to know that I cried and headed back in with Cabir. As we reached Nandini's room I saw everyone was still standing outside her room with worried expressions on the faces. As I looked around I realised Abhi was not there. I spoke to gain their attention.

Man: Guys

Upon hearing me they all turned to face me.

Muk: Manik are you okay why did you leave like that

Man: I'm sorry I left like that I just needed some fresh air and yes I'm okay

Cab: Guys is everything okay... is Nandini okay

Nav: We don't know Abhi and the doctor are still inside

Just as Navya finished speaking the doctor and Abhi walked out. I quickly rushed to them.

Man: Doctor is Nandini okay

Doc: Please come with me to my cabin and I will tell you everything you want to know

We all followed him in silence. We reached his cabin and settled in.

Doc: I have checked Nandini's health and she is fine

Everyone sighed in relief.

Man: What about her memory

Ary: Memory... what happened to her memory

Doc: Her memory... looking at what has happened I think due to the shock of having a heart attack her body was not fully able to cope especially her brain which led to her having a memory loss

Man: How long will it take for her memory to come back

Doc: We don't know for all that could happen it may never come back

Listening to the doctor sent shivers down my spine. We all left the doctor's cabin with our own thoughts.