Chapter 16

Everyone had arrived at college and were talking with one another. Some gossiping about the latest topic, some talking about what they planned to do over the weekend and some finishing last minute assignments. There was a variety of conversations and actions taking place within the building and outside.

Fab 5 were in their jam room practising whilst they waited for the others to arrive. They had been waiting for them at the gates but they were not to be seen nor did they answer their calls. Though they were worried they thought  to just wait for then and ask them when they arrived as they assumed that they probably had some work and will tell them when they arrive.

Soon it was time for them to head to class yet the group did not arrive. The gang exchanged glances with each other and made their way to class. Upon arriving to the class they saw the group seated inside quietly talking with one another, also they had moved their chairs to create a circle to prevent anyone from joining. Fab 5 were confused with their actions as they thought that they would have told them that they had arrived into college and the fact that they were in such a formation whilst talking confused them even more as they hadn't done so before.

Making their way towards them they stood around them. Realising the presence of a third party the group's conversation stopped abruptly, as they looked up they saw it was Fab 5. Looking back down towards each other they group exchanged looks of mixed emotions. Fab 5 also looked at each other in confusion as to why they were behaving in such a way. As the groups continued to exchange glances between each other, an awkward silence rested upon them.

Soon the professor walked in and everyone took their seats, the group also placed their chairs back into their correct positions. The class started and the Professor started to explain to them how they will be paired together for their next project. They were to collaborate two different types of music genres and create a piece of their own.

The students started to talk among themselves about who they were going to work with and what they would do when they were interrupted by the professor.

Pro: Before you all get excited let me tell you that I will be pairing you up for this project and there will be no changes in the partners

All the students groaned as they knew it was highly unlikely that they would get paired with their friends. The professor started to read out the pairs.

Pro: Aman and Natasha, Sid and Seher, Manik and Nandini...

The Professor continued to call students names pairing them with each other whilst Manik and Nandini stared at each other. The others where also looking at each other in shock. Soon the professor finished pairing the students. The others had either been paired with one another or someone random from the class.

Pro: Now that you know who your partners are I want you to go to them and begin planning your project, you will be able to use your lessons with me to work on project but you will also have to work outside the class for this project so I will leave that to you on how you want to do that

As the professor finished talking everyone made their way to their partners to start discussing what they will do. Fab 5 also got up and headed towards their partners, but as Manik was making his way towards Nandini the group grabbed her hand and pulled her out the classroom. Everyone was shocked by this action of theirs. Manik decided to follow them and ask them what was wrong so he headed out as well but when he came out he could not see them. He walked around a bit and looked in the corridors near by but could not find them, giving up he headed back to class. As he entered Fab 4 looked at him, he just shook his head and sat at the back of the classroom. Fab 4 understood that he didn't find them and went back to work with their partners. Cabir also came and sat with Manik as Navya was his partner but she was absent today as she wasn't feeling well.

Meanwhile the group had brought Nandini up to the terrace away from all the students and teachers.