Chapter 18

The day continued with all of them attending their classes and having small discussion in between. Fab 5 were still confused with the groups behaviour but didn't say anything as they were not sure what it concerned and decided to wait until they told them about it themselves. Soon the day ended and all headed home after saying goodbye to one another.

Nandini had just returned to her room after dinner and was standing by her window looking up into the night sky, lost in her thoughts.

"So much has changed in the past month... people, feelings, relationships... everything has changed so much" she spoke to herself as she thought about everything that had happened in the past month. Soon she began to feel sleepy so she went to her bed and drifted to sleep.

It had been 2 weeks since they had been paired with their partners for the music collaboration and since the group had abruptly pulled Nandini out of class. Since then no one had brought it up or asked them about it. All had been working with their partners in class and outside of class to complete their project. Due to this the groups didn't spend much time together as they had to complete assignments from other classes too. Through out all of this Fab 5 and Navya had realised a change in the groups behaviour. They seemed more distant then when they first met and became more reserved around them. They didn't talk as much and were quite around them. They had discussed this between themselves and were considering confronting them about it but were unsure how to.

There was only a few days left for them to complete their projects so everyone was working hard with their partners to make sure they did their best. Manik and Nandini were also working together in the practice room. They had been practising for the past two hours when they decided to take a break.

Man: That went well don't you think

Nan: Yeah it did I think were ready

Man: Yeah I agree

They then fell into a silence. Manik was observing Nandini as she sat there lost in her thoughts. He decided to ask her about the groups behaviour recently.

Man: Can I ask you something?

Nandini looked towards him and nodded her head signalling him to continue.

Man: Did we do or say something wrong?

Nan: What she asked confused as her face mirrored her confusion

Man: Did Fab 5 do something to you guys

Nan: Why would you think that

Man: Because you guys have changed around us you are quiet and secretive

Nan: I don't know what your talking about she said averting her gaze from his intense one

Man: Yes you do, you know exactly what I'm on about

Nan: No I don't... since were done I'm leaving

Saying so she got up grabbing her bag and left the room. Manik got up and followed after her and they reached the canteen where the rest were talking amongst themselves as they ate the food lay across the table. They both joined them at the table and were sat opposite each other. Nandini avoided Manik's gaze towards and she started a conversation with Sanaya. Everyone continued their conversations as Manik continued to start intensly at Nandini, she could feel his stare but tried her best to ignore it. Soon Cabir realised Maniks glare towards Nandini.

Cab: Bro what happened why are you looking at her like that? Did you guys fight or something?

Upon hearing Cabir everyone stopped their conversations and looked towards Cabir who was looking at Manik, they then turned their attention towards Manik and saw he was still glaring at Nandini.

Dhr: Buddy whats wrong? He questioned

Man: Ask her he said in a cold tone as he nodded his head towards Nandini as he kept his gaze upon her she's the one avoiding us isn't she

All turned to look towards Nandini as she stared right back at Manik.

Nan: I told you I don't know what your on about

Man: Yes you do in fact all of you do he said nodding towards the group right guys this time he was addressing Fab 5 and Navya

Cab: He's right we've all noticed how you guys have changed around us

Aly: Yeah at least tell us what we did

Ary: What are you guys on about we are sitting with you right now and we talk with you guys so how are we avoiding you

San: Exactly

Man: What do you think we are stupid? He asked raising his eyebrows. Since the last two weeks we have been observing you guys, you've changed your more reserved around us

Muk: And when you guys suddenly left class with Nandini after sir announced our partners what was that

The group looked at each other with 'what-shall-we-do-now' faces as Fab 5 sat there staring at them waiting for answers. It was silent until Abhi spoke up.