We Have To Go To The Hospital

Shaun's POV

I am still sick, but not as bad.  It has been a week.  Beverly is still keeping me in her place, refusing to go to work.

I was now on the bottom level watching TV in the living room.  Beverly made us brownies because she wanted brownies.  I didn't have any yet.

Brownies don't really help you when you're sick.  They are full of sugar and would give you a bigger headache than you already do, but she told me to lighten up and have one.

"You really could go back to work Beverly," I told her.

"Shaun I told you already, I am fine, I have an office on the top level by your room that I am working in, remember?"

I sighed and heard her phone start ringing.

"Hello?  Oh my, oh that's great news!" She covers the speaker of the phone and whispered to me, "Chris has been released!"

I nodded my head, "I told you."

When she hung up the phone, she got out her baking supplies, again.

"What are you making now?" By the looks of it, she was making cookies.  I could tell because she got out chocolate chips.

"I'm making cookies." I knew it.

"Guess what?" I asked her.

"What?"

"I have never had cookies before," I said.

"No TV?  No cookies?  When I'm done you're going to try one." She started to bake.

"But I told you, sugar is not good for you when you are sick."

"And I told you, lighten up a bit, eat a brownie and have a cookie."

"But the cookies are not done yet," I said in confusion.

"I mean to have one when they are done." She giggled.

She continued on and I flipped through the channels on the TV until I found 'The Bates Motel'.

I kept it there and just started watching it.

"I see you've found one of my favorite shows." Beverly sat next to me on the couch.

I stared at the screen because I couldn't hear it.  I looked on the remote for the volume button and pressed it numeral times.

It then became clear what they were saying.

"My favorite character is Norman," She cleared her throat, "For various reasons."

"Like what?" I asked her.

"Well, he is very cute and his character is very interesting."

"That's it?"

"Yup."

I find it strange how people can judge someone by how they look.

We continued to watch until the timer for the cookies went off.

Beverly jumped off of the couch and went to take them out.  My eyes were locked on the screen until I heard her scream.  I then jumped off of the couch too.

"Beverly?" I started to panic.

"Oh my god!  Oh my god!" I heard her cry.

And when I saw her face I knew what she had done, she forgot an oven mitten.

Her hand was all burnt up and there were some spots where it was melting.  She ran to the sink and turned on cold water.

"No!  Don't do that!  Your skin will peel off!" (A/N Thank you science class) I yelled.

I turned off the water and found a cloth on the counter.  I pressed her skin with the towel and there was blood going everywhere.

"Owe, oh my gosh." She had tears falling down her face because she was in pain.

"Do you have linen bandages?" I asked her.  "Yes, they are under the sink." I bent down to look under the sink to find the bandages.  I grabbed them and stood back up.

I took the cloth off of her hand and put it in the sink with cool, not cold, water falling onto it.  The blood was coming out of the towel, but the white towel was now pink-stained.

I wrapped her hand in the bandages and she was still screaming in pain.

I didn't say a word.  When her hand was wrapped I put alcohol that I also found under the sink on top of the bandages and she yelped in pain.  "Don't worry.  This will help you heal." I tried to comfort her.

"This is not what I wanted today to be like." She said, tears still falling.  I found a thermometer to measure the heat of her hand.  It was (OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!) over 200 degrees.

We can't put her hand under cold water or else her skin will really peel off.  I suggest we take her to the hospital to help her.  But I can't drive.  Oh no.

"Beverly, we have to go to the hospital," I told her.

"How?  My hand is too numb.  You know what, I will drive with my other hand." That's a good idea.

I held onto her burned hand the whole time.  Her melting skin was kind of making the bandages wet.  How far did she put her hand into the oven?  The cookies were probably on the bottom rack which means her hand came in contact with the right wall of the oven by trying to pull them out from the side.

When we parked I jumped out of the car and picked her up.  I really cared about Beverly but I just don't know why.

"Murphy!  Why have you been calling in sick if you- oh!" Dr. Melendez exclaimed once he realized what was going on.

"She forgot an oven mitten and the back of her hand came in contact with the right oven wall," I told him.

"How did you know that?" Beverly asked me as I was carrying her down the hallway to a room.

"I will explain later," I told her.

Her face was still stained with tears, some were still coming out of her eyes.

When we got to a room, I set her down on the bed and looked at her face.

She looked at me back.  I took my hands and brought them to her cheeks.  My thumbs wiped her tears away and I gave her a small sympathetic smile.

Dr. Melendez grabbed her burnt hand and unwrapped the bandages.  The alcohol had cleared the bleeding, but not the melting skin.

She just wanted to make cookies.

---------------------------------------------

Omg, this chapter took a very serious turn.  I don't think I have ever read a Wattpad book staring oven burns.  Maybe I am one of the few with that idea?

I hope you guys like it!  I am also very sorry for messing up the story and I will fix it right after I publish this chapter.

Please give me your suggestions or if you want to be a character in the story please let me know.

If you want a character to be in the story please tell me this information:

Full Name-

Appearance Description-

Occupation-

Backstory-

Any other information-

Thanks, guys!  Bye!

<3