How Will I Ask Her Out On A Date?

Shaun's POV

She cannot do this to herself.  She could die painfully.

"Shaun, please stop." Beverly begged me.  At the moment, I was trying to forcefully make her eat cottage cheese.  I have made a mess all over her table.

"Shaun, I'm being serious-" As she was talking, I shoved a spoon of cottage cheese in her mouth.  She gagged and ran to the garbage can.  Then she spit it all out.

"You can't keep treating yourself like this." I said.

"Shaun, I can't have children anymore!  That's all I ever dreamed about when I was growing up!  I wanted a daughter to braid her hair and have her discuss her boy problems with me!  I wanted a son that would sneak out to parties just so I could say 'Do you know how late it is?' When he came home!  Shaun, I can't have any of that now, I can't." She started crying.

I didn't know what to do, or what to say.  I just stood there and watched her mess her hair up even more than it was when I showed up.

"Beverly," I spoke silently, "There is adoption, you know."

"Yes I know that Shaun," She brought her head off of the table, "But it just isn't the same.  I want a child with my blood."

We were silent.

"You know what, forget it!" Beverly stood up and went to the fridge.  She went into the freezer compartment and pulled out a tub of vanilla ice cream.  "This is what I needed all along."

She grabbed a spoon and headed out for the living room.

"When I wanted you to eat, this is not what I was saying." I followed her.

"You need real food!"

"Yes, and cottage cheese is totally real food." She said back to me.

I folded my hands and rested them on my stomach, I gave her a slight nod, telling her that she was right and I wasn't.

I joined her on the couch and noticed that 'The Bates Motel' was on.

"I have not seen this ever since I was here a few weeks ago." I said.

"Shh!" She held her hand out towards me.  "Okay." I said right away.

I didn't pay attention to what was going on on the screen.  I was just looking at the wonderful woman in front of me.

She is broken, and I have to fix her.

_____________________________

*2 Days Later*

We have made progress.  Beverly has been keeping a chart of how many meals she has eaten and the foods she eats throughout the day.  She has gained half of her weight back, and she tells me that she doesn't plan on gaining the rest back.

Today I want to surprise her and ask her on a date.  We have shown each other the signs of love, or like, so I thought that I should ask her.

My co-worker, Dr. Kalu, is helping me figure out how a date works, I have no experience.

"So you might want to go to a restaurant for your first date, then if you go on more you can start broadening out your horizons on different places.  The first date always has to be special, so don't take her anywhere like McDonald's.  Do you have any fancy restaurant's in mind that you might want to take her to?" He asked me.

"What about the one we are in right now?" I asked.  He gave me this look that told me I was wrong.

"Shaun we are in a coffee shop, I don't think they serve lobster here." He said.  "Try 'Le Papillon', that one restaurant across town."  (A/N I searched 'fancy restaurants in San Jose and I just picked a random one so this is what we are going with.)

"I, I guess that could work." I nodded.

"And look, since it's nearing Christmas time, (A/N Because every book has to involve Christmas at some point.) you could walk with her to the restaurant and look at all the fancy lights the city has hung up." I nodded at that good idea too.

"But, how will I ask her out on a date?" I asked.

"Okay I didn't know this was going to take this long.  But since it is, I'm going to need another one of these." He waved his coffee cup in the air and walked to place another order.

-----------------------------

Sooooooooo, the next chapter is going to be exciting!

My friends all went to have fun out of state on spring break, but the jokes on them because I get to be in my own bed all day.  So HA!!!!!!

Anyway, I meant to put this in the last chapter before, but I forgot.  If you guys want to know my updating schedule, if there will be a delay, or just things that make me get distracted, you can follow me on Snapchat!!!!

My username is- thefinalimprint 

That was just something I thought sounded cool so I used it.

Bye!

<3