Food Museum

Beverly's POV

I find it cute how Shaun acts around me.  Almost like he is protective but not trying to be at the same time, like it could be awkward.

I don't understand why everyone was so mean to him like he says they were.  Shaun is a super nice man and I don't think that there was anything wrong with being his friend back then.

He has been super helpful ever since I burnt my hand.  He has been helping me clean, cook,  just about anything.  I did tell him almost everytime he offered that he should take a break but he just went right along with it.

Right now, we were sitting on my couch with the ceiling fan on high.  The TV was playing Supernatural and Shaun was really into the show.  He would mumble things each time the characters would figure something out.  It was cute.

"Hey Shaun, could you pass me the remote?" He nodded and handed it to me.

I started to change the channel.  "Hey!" Shaun yelled while standing up.  I looked at him, "You handed me the remote!" I stuck my tongue out at him.

I found the show we both like to watch together, Cake Boss!  He finds it very amusing how you could take simple ingredients like sugar and water to go from this little thing of dough to this beautiful piece of dessert that looks too good to eat.

I just watch it to watch people who have better life skills than me.  I burnt my hand forgetting an oven mitten, and you expect me to make a seven-layered cake?  I think not.

"Look at that!" He pointed to the TV.  The one lady made an all-white 3D model of a tree and put Christmas cookies on it.  Now I really want to bake- no, remember what happened last time?

"Yeah I know, so good," I said.

"Everything they make seems like it would be better off in a food museum other than in someone's stomach acid," Shaun said, not taking his eyes off of the screen.

"You should try to make something like that," I told him, "Amazing Doctor by day, Cake Boss by night!"

"That is illogical.  I would need a lot of practice and skill in order to be like one of them." He zoned off.

"But you also have to have belief in yourself.  I'm being honest, you should totally consider baking as a hobby!" I said excitedly.

"I would only do it if I had some kind of assistance," Shaun said looking at me before reverting his eyes somewhere else, "But you can stay away from the hot objects."

"Wow, just wow," I giggled.  I playfully hit his arm and he stared at it like it wasn't his shoulder anymore.

I walked past him and into the kitchen.

"We are starting to bake right now?" He asked following behind me.

"Yes, you said that we need practice, so what better than to start right now?"

This is going to be a mess to clean but at least the baking part will be fun.

_____________________________

Double.  Update.  Boom!

Tomorrow's update is going to be really late since I have cheer practice and then right after I have winterguard (flags).

Comment something you like about this book to get a shoutout!!!!!

Bye!

<3