Yes, I Am Fine

Beverly's POV

"Shaun, what happened?" I asked the man standing in front of me.

"A woman got shot and a man is saying it is my fault because I was pacing, but it makes no sense otherwise everytime someone paced someone else would get shot." He said.

"Were you asked to do something?"

"I was told to put my stuff on the ground, but I refused. I was getting anxious." He said, his hands were shaking a little.

I grabbed his hands in mine and he flinched. But then he allowed his hands to relax.

"I've got to go now." He said, letting go and walking away.

_______________________________

Shaun's POV

Why did she do that? Nobody does that.

She grabbed my hands, you don't just walk up to somebody and grab their hands. It's not normal for people to do.

Why did she grab my hands?

"Shaun?"

I don't understand why she did that.

"Shaun?!"

Beverly hasn't done anything like to me before.

"SHAUN!" I heard someone yell.

I turned around to see Dr. Melendez.

"I want you to watch that girl, like a hawk." He said.

I nodded and clasped my hands together.

"Like a hawk," I whispered while walking.

I got to the patient that was shot in the store, the man that was with her was sitting in a chair with his head down.

I started to examine some of the equipment above her and then I heard, "You, what are you doing here?"

"I am watching her, like a hawk."

"It's your fault."

"No, it's not," I let out a small laugh, "otherwise everytime someone paced there would be a gunshot, however that is not what happens."

It's because of my communication limitations, the consequence is that she was shot. That is what might happen. Every time someone with these limitations has a gun pointed at them, then someone would get shot.

I refused to do as told, she was shot.

"I want a different doctor for her." The man said as he looked me in the eyes.

_____________________

Beverly's POV (Later)

Shaun was awfully quiet on the ride back to my house.

"Shaun are you okay?" I tried to regain conversation with him.

"Yes, I am fine." It was almost as if he wanted it to be awkwardly silent.

"Shaun, let your feelings out. I don't mind."

"What feelings? What emotions am I supposed to pour out like they do on TV?"

"Sorry, I just thought-"

"Thought I needed to be consulted?"

I stayed quiet.

I pulled up to my house and got out as soon as the doors unlocked.

I walked up to the front door and he was standing there.

"Unlock the door." He demanded.

I raised my eyebrows at him. Shaun has never talked to me that way before.

---------------------------

Hey guys!

I guess that time has really done me good because since I have been gone, this book has reached 1.3k reads!!!!!

Like holy crap!!!!

Also, should I do a face reveal?

Tomorrow there might be an update but don't count on it. I will be gone until 8 pm tomorrow.

Bye!!!!
<3