I Already Did That

Shaun's POV

They took Beverly in for emergency examination. I sat in the waiting room with my blue cloth and tool. I started to play with it in worry and I ruffled my hair the way Steve used to.

"So we are going to give you this medicine.  You must apply it every day in order to heal." I heard one of the residents say.

"Ok," Beverly said in disappointment.

She came out with new linen bandaging around her had a giant cotton swab glove was on top of it.

Beverly walked over to me, I took it as my cue to stand up.

She had the medicine they were talking about in her other hand.

"Bye, Miss Waine." The doctor said, walking away.

"I'm sorry we had to come here while you are sick." She said apologetically.

"It's okay.  I don't feel sick anymore." I told her, "But I should stay for a bit longer, I will help you treat your hand."

She gave me a small, tired smile and I knew that right when we got to her home she would go to sleep.

------------------------------------

I was right.  She fell asleep.  But we aren't even out of the car yet.

I sighed and got out of my side of the car.  I walked over to her side and opened the door.

Her head was laying on her seatbelt which was still buckled up to her body.

I clicked the red button and heard it zip up to it's proper place.  I looked at her sleeping body and tried to figure out the best way to get her out of the car.  I figured to just pick her up the way I did at the hospital.

So that's what I did.

Before shutting the car door, I grabbed her keys because I don't think she wants anyone to take her car.

I carried her all the way to the door, but then I didn't know how I was going to open it with her in my arms.

I squatted down so my hand would be on the doorknob.  My plan worked.

I walked into the house and kicked the door shut.  By placing her on the couch, she began to wake up.

I placed my hand on her face and she fell back asleep.  That's strange.  She fell asleep to my touch?

I smiled a little but then remembered something, there were still cookies in the oven.

I walked into the kitchen, almost immediately I could smell the burning cookies.  The nice beautiful scent of her warm kitchen was gone.

Unlike Beverly, I grabbed a mitten and pulled the tray out of the oven.  The cookies were not cookies anymore.  They are the ash of what used to be cookies.

I dumped it in the trash and took the garbage to the side of her house.  I walked back inside and sprayed Febreze all over her kitchen.

The smell of apple cinnamon permeated throughout the room and ate up the burnt cookie smell.

I heard little yawns and sounds come from the living room and looked over to see her waking up.

"Hey, Shaun." She said.

"Hello."

"I'm sorry that we had to leave while you weren't well."

"You already apologized earlier, and I told you it is okay.  If we didn't go your hand would hurt even more now than it did before." I stood in my spot while bouncing up and down on my feet.

She is now sitting straight with her left hand on the couch next to her leg and her injured hand is resting on her thigh.  The room was silent until she said, "I should go take care of the burnt cookies." She started to walk into the kitchen but I stopped her, "I already did that."

Beverly stopped in her tracks and turned to look at me.  "Thanks." She then went back to the couch and turned the TV on.  This chunky British man in a car with a girl was on TV.

"Kill em' with kindness, go ahead, go ahead, go ahead now." They sang.

"James Corden is my favorite talk show host," Beverly said while eyeing the TV.

"James Corden?" He sang with the girl and they sounded really good together.

Like me and Beverly.

_____________________________________

Hey guys hope you enjoyed the chapter and anyway I'm in school and the bell's about to ring so sorry for this short note to you guys!  (Me from the future: There will be a double update)

Bye!

<3