You Are Paralyzed

Beverly's POV

Getting off of my work shift is better than just leaving in the middle of it.  I want to do that sometimes, leave during the middle of the shift just to visit Shaun at his work.

My car sat in the half-empty parking lot.  This is a bank so there isn't much of a parking lot, only 14 spaces and seven cars still sitting.  I left the parking lot so there six cars now.

I drove down the road in the pouring rain as the radio played 'Hey There Delilah' by The Plain White T's.  It was like a movie scene.  It creeped me out.

I have ADD, so when my phone beeped meaning I received a text, I got distracted, and guess what happened next.

I ran a stop light, and crashed into a turning car.

______________________

Shaun's POV

I did not know what was going on until I saw her unconscious on the gurney.  There was another person being brought in, but their eyes were open.  "She hit me." The young girl whispered, her voice was raspy.

"I turned and all I felt was pain." She continued talking to the paramedics that were still by her gurney.  I walked over to them and told them they could leave.  I read the paper on the clipboard attached to the gurney.

I do not want to take care of Beverly, I know her too well, that might make me nervous and do something wrong.

I ran down the hallway with the other girl and other doctors following me.  We made it to the ER and got to work.

______________________

Her name is Emma Daryl.  It is three hours after the surgery and she is still sleeping.  We fixed her open wounds and took broken glass out of her body.  Emma has four stitches on her face from glass cuts.

I went to Beverly's room which was ten away from Emma's.  She is awake, almost.

Her eyes are fluttering.  She is mumbling something to herself, something along the lines of, "I messed up, I killed someone." She doesn't look pleasant.  Her neck was burned, extremely red.  There must have been a fire or extreme heat.

Beverly's right arm had fresh bandages that looked like they already need to be changed.  Her leg has a cast on it, I do not want to know how many pieces it is in.

"Beverly," I spoke up.  She looked up and almost started crying.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I crashed into someone and they died." Her lips were quivering, but she didn't cry.

"Emma isn't dead," I said.

"What?  A girl?  Is she awake?" Beverly asked.

"Last time I looked she was still sleeping, but you look worse than she does so don't feel bad," I said bluntly.

She gave me a slight smile and said, "Thanks, Shaun."

I nodded awkwardly and walked back into Emma's room.  

"Hello." She said, catching me by surprise.

"Hi, so how does your face feel?" I asked as I inspected the machines next to her.

"It's all good, but how come I can't feel my legs?"

"You are paralyzed," I told her.

She stayed silent and looked at her legs.  "Will it go away?" She finally asked.

"No." I continued to inspect the machines.

All of a sudden two people came rushing into the room.  Two teen boys.

"Emma!  Oh my gosh are you alright?!" One of them said, freaking out.

"No, I guess not," she said looking down at her legs.

"I should leave now." I said walking out.

--------------------------------------------

Hello!

There will be another update later so don't worry about me leaving again!!!

I have many books now, so I organized myself a schedule for March.

This was supposed to be Sunday's update but now it's for today!!!!!

Bye!

<3