It's All My Fault

Shaun's POV

I have been staying at Beverly's home a lot.  Her hand has made huge progress.  Yesterday we started to practice baking and we made red velvet cupcakes with white frosting and strawberries on top.  (Credit to whoever actually made those!  They look so good!!!)

She made the batter and the frosting.  I put them in the oven and put the frosting on.  The strawberries were just something extra that we thought would look good.

Today is different, I have been called back into work.  But first I had to go to the store, Beverly's house didn't have any apples.  I want an apple.

I entered the small store that is near the bus stop and started rummaging through the apples.  Particularly the green ones.

A male and a female dressed in jogging clothes entered the store giggling at each other.

They went over to the freezers and grabbed a water.

I found an apple I liked and turned around, to be met with a gun pointed at me.

"Put your cell phones and wallets on the ground!" The man holding the gun then pointed it at the couple, they followed his instructions.

I just stood there while shaking.

The couple was now on their knees with their hands behind their heads.

"Come one man just do what he says!" The male spoke.

I was frozen.  I heard a gunshot and I started to panic.  Everything after that was a blur.

_____________________

Beverly's POV

"And relax." "Oh, I'm relaxing alright." I came out of a difficult pose.  I was doing yoga with a TV instructor.

As soon as I stood for a break, my phone cell phone rang.  It was Shaun.

"Hey, Shaun."

"The girl was shot."

"What girl?"

"The bullet is in her abdomen." He completely ignored my question.

"Shaun what did you do?" I asked, starting to panic.

"I wanted an apple, a man came in and shot a girl." He said.

"You know what just explain everything when I get there." I gathered my keys and purse, not caring about my attire, and drove right to St. Bonaventure Hospital.

"Shaun, has anybody seen Shaun?" I walked through crowds of people who were either sad, relieved, or bored.

"I am right here." I heard him say.

I turned around and he was there.

"What were you talking about on the phone?" I asked.

"I went to the store, people are telling me it's all my fault."

"Technically it is your fault because you used your brain to tell your legs to walk to the store," I told him.

"There was a man, he was holding a gun.  He told me to put my stuff on the ground, and I didn't.  So he shot a girl." Shaun said.

I looked at him with my jaw dropped.

"I'm sorry," I said and gently hugged him.

"You weren't there to experience the action, you shouldn't feel emotion towards it." He said in his normal monotone voice.

I sighed and let go of him.

"I still feel sorry that you were threatened.

---------------------------------

Hey sorry this chapter is so short but I had to update today, tomorrow's chapter will be long because this one is short.

Bye!

<3