Did You Eat Today?

Beverly's POV

Shaun walked with a fast pace into my room.  He only does that when he is worried or thinking.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him.

"Yes, something is wrong.  You need to know," He didn't finish his sentence.

"What?  Tell me!" I yelled.  He flinched at the sound of my voice.

"Sorry."

He ignored my short apology and brought out his blue cloth and tool.  He began to clean it even though I am sure no other hands have touched it.  It is always in that cloth.

"Well, you got into this car accident-" He was saying.

"Yes I know." I interrupted him.

"I was in here earlier, I know, but I forgot to mention that... that," He sat down in the chair that was a few feet away from me.  Shaun's hands were still wrapped around the cloth and tool.

"Your reproductive system was damaged."

The words seemed to spill out of his mouth bluntly despite the fact that he was stuttering like I was dying a few seconds ago.  My mind drew a blank.  I couldn't respond.

I just sat there and looked at Shaun.

"I'm sorry." He said and started to speed out.

"Shaun wait!" I called out.  He spun himself around and waited for me to say something.

"Can it be fixed?" I asked.

Shaun walked towards me slowly.  "If it could have been fixed, we would have done it along with all the repairs we made to you hours ago." With that, he turned around and walked his way out.

His words hurt.  I know what he has, but it actually stung.  But what hurt more was the fact that I know I cannot have children.

___________________________

I haven't spoken to Shaun in quite a few days.  They had sent in another doctor to help me, and it wasn't until I was released from there when I knew what was actually going on.

It felt like a punch to the gut, and I bawled my eyes out for hours.

Luckily I had no charges pressed onto me due to the fact of my now unstable condition and my disorders.  Speaking of that, I should really get back to doing work, but I just can't.  I don't have the brainpower.

This morning, while I was making pancakes, I remembered when I burned my hand in my oven, and Shaun was super helpful while I recovered.  Too bad he isn't here now, and I can't recover from what has been cast upon me.

Oh, and the kiss!  I almost completely forgot about that.  Yeah, we never talked about it.

It makes me sad, but if it meant not awkwardly hanging out then I will gladly keep my mouth zipped.

My couch in the living room is covered in tissues.  I should probably clean that up.  

My blue sweatpants began getting bigger than me over the past days.  I should probably eat more than just two pancakes every other day.

I know that if Shaun was here talking to me right now he would scold me about my bad eating choices.

-*DING DONG*-

My head jerked up from its spot on the couch's arm and faced the entryway.  My whole body lazily sprung up and ached from being in the same position for hours.

I slowly swung the door open and it creaked like most old-hinged doors do.

I was met with a man and some bouquet of red and white poppy's.  Shaun.

"Hi, Shaun." I said.

His eyes went wide but he acted like he didn't notice how gross I look, "I brought you these." Shaun stuck the bouquet out towards me and I took them from him.

"How nice of you, would you like to come in?" I opened the door a little wider and he walked inside.

The brown haired man looked around my house as if he as never been here before.

He made this weird face once he saw the mess in the living room.  He pointed his hand toward it, "That was not there before."

Remember when I said he would scold me for my poor eating choices?  Well, that was the thing he brought up next.

"Did you eat today?"

"No."

"You should." Shaun said as he walked into the kitchen.  He can barely cook, what is he going to do?

I followed his path and saw him leaning on the counter.  

I found a white vase in one of my cabinets and put the poppies in it.  The flowers now sit in the corner of my counter top.

He spoke up, "I will not leave until I see you eat."

"Okay," I went into the cupboard and grabbed a granola bar.  As soon as I was about to open it, Shaun stole it from me.

"An oatmeal rectangle is not a proper meal, you need vitamins and nutrients." He stated.

"Shaun I'm not in the mood for this." I said, starting to get frustrated.

"Then get in the mood."

--------------------------

Hey, I am starting to find my way back into the path of this book.

I was starting to roll off the "I know what I'm writing" path, but now I actually know what I can do for this book!!!!

(P.S.- Spring Break is here!!!  Expect updates on this book!!)

Bye!

<3