CHP - 10

CHAPTER 10
Just A Mistake

^[Jax in media]^

Ezra's been avoiding Jax as much as possible lately. She felt guilty about hurting her and, she wanted to pretend the kissing thing never happened. Currently she was laying in bed, trying to sleep. It was two in the morning and she hadn't slept in three days. She had threw away her insomnia pills, they just weren't worth it.

She heard a three quiet knocks at her door."Ez? Y-You awake?" She heard Jax ask from outside. And she also heard a sniffle come after.

"Uh... yeah." Ezra mumbled and sat up in her bed. "You can come in."

The door opened and Jax stood in the doorway. She was wearing black basketball shorts and had her red blanket around her.

Her eyes were red and puffy.

"Jax? You alright? C'mere," Ezra said.

She smiled slightly and walked in, closing the door behind her. She ran over to Ezra and climbed onto the bed, putting her face in her chest.

"I-I had a nightmare." She whispered.

Aw... she was just so... cute.

Ezra gently wrapped her arms around her and said, "Tell me 'bout it."

She sniffled. "I was in bed a-and it was my pops. And h-he tried to hurt me!" She cried.

Wow... her nightmares weren't too different from Ezra's then.

She pulled her face out of her chest and looked up. "C-Can I sleep with you? P-Please?"

Ezra looked at her and felt her heart hurt. She looked so helpless, innocent, and... adorable. Her big eyes were holding back tears.

Ezra sighed.

"Alright."

Jax smiled and laid down in bed, keeping her blanket wrapped around her, tightly. Ezra then laid back down, her back touching the wall, to make sure Jax had enough room on her bed. She moved closer to Ezra, pressing herself against her, then took her blanket off of her and threw it to the floor. She curled up in Ezra's black blanket with her, laying her head on her chest.

Ezra sighed softly and held her in her arms.

"I'm sorry I said I hated you. It was a mistake... because I love you." Jax said.

"It's fine, I ain't mad."

"Then why you avoiding me again."

"You know exactly why." Ezra said coldly.

She frowned. "B-But... I'm sorry."

"I know." Ezra said.

Jax didn't respond and soon fell asleep. Her breathing got slightly louder and more relaxed. Ezra let her eyes close and felt her muscles relax. Before she knew it, she was sound asleep.

TBC
***

I'll update again today to apologize for forgetting to update last night. 😉