CHP - 35

CHAPTER 35
The Perfect Execution

^[Ezra in media]^
Ezra's Point of View

I don't really like this chapter but I've come to terms with it. It's kinda realistically inaccurate. But this the best I could do. Sorry. 😅

* * *

Ezra went back in the kitchen to see Jax at the island, her lips set in a pout. She looked at Ezra as she walked in the room.

She wrapped her arms around herself and mumbled, "I'm gonna be on the naughty list."

Ezra sighed softly. "Look... what matters more right now is if we getting locked up. And even if we don' get in trouble fo' this... there's still the problem of you becomin' a orphan."

Jax looked up at Ezra again, her beautiful brown eyes started to fill with tears. "What you mean?" She asked. "I'm gonna live with you."

Ezra walked over to her and wrapped her arms tightly around her, burying her face in her chest. Jax hugged her back instantly and relaxed in her arms. "I wanna take you," Ezra told her. "If it was my choice I'd take you, but it's not. You a minor and I'm only twenty, and insane. I work minimum wage and don' even have a place to live, plus scars and tattoos everywhere that scare the shit out of anybody who sees this shit. I hate to say it, but you probably gone be put in a group home, or given to some foster parents."

"No!" She cried out. "No, I don't want to go through that again! I don't wanna be jumped from home to home, just hoping that someone will care enough to take me in. I hate it! No one cares about me and people send me back when they get sick of me! I can't do it again!! I have to live with you! Ezra, please!"

By now Ezra's shirt was wet from Jax's tears and she could feel her own coming. "I'll visit," She said, not knowing how else to comfort her. "Then maybe in a few years, when we both older and I have an apartment. If I get paid enough, maybe they gone let you come live with me."

She gripped the back of her shirt tightly in her fists. "They can't just take you away from me! They can't!" She cried. "I need you!"

"Jax, I'm only twenty. Even if I wasn't crazy I still wouldn't be a good caregiver. I'on know how to take care of anybody, I can barely take care of myself. Besides, Jax, you really wan' me to be yo' guardian? I'd basically be yo' parent. Going to conferences at yo' school and shit. Giving you a curfew. Our relation is fucked enough, I'on wanna act like yo' damn momma."

"I don't care!" She cried. "None of that matters! As long as I'm with you! I just need to be with you! Okay? We need to be together! Ezra, please, don't let them take me away. I don't wanna live in a group home, I want you!"

Ezra just held her tighter. After a few moments sirens rang. She heard cars park nearby and doors opening. An officer walked into the house and came over to them. More people walked in behind her, people with gurneys.

"Upstairs, door's wide open," Ezra stated.

They followed her instructions, leaving the room and going upstairs.

The officer came over to them, causing Jax to cling onto Ezra and hide in her chest. "They were your parents?" He asked.

"Yeah. We sisters," Ezra told him.

"Okay, can you tell me what happened?"

"I was in my room," Ezra started, sucking in a breath. "Heard some noises so I got up and opened my door. Then I was hit, hard. I remember bein' slammed into the wall in my room until I blacked out. I can't remember much otha' than the pain, so I can't help figure out a suspect or nothing." She breathed out. "When I woke up, first thing I did was check on my parents. And I just saw 'em lying on they bed. They was long gone by the time I found 'em."