CHP - 32

CHAPTER 32
Making This Official

^[Jax in media]^
Ezra's Point of View

"You did good today," Nic said, her lips right by Ezra's ear. She froze and gasped inwardly, not realizing she was that close to her.

Nic had set her hand on her shoulder and Ezra breathed out, "Thanks."

"You actually a good worker, you woulda' been promoted by now if you didn't have so many things wrong with you."

Ezra turned around to face her with a frown.
"I can't help it. It ain' my fault."

She smirked. "Yeah. Just saying. You hard working and smart. You deserve it more than James does, but he's going to get the promotion instead. Unless you do something about it."

"What you mean?"

"You can't fix it, what's wrong with you, but you can hide it. If you just learn to hide it better you'll get promoted. And you'll be the boss of these niggas instead of taking shit from them."

Ezra shook her head. "But I ain' even graduate high school. I can't be a manager."

"There's no part of this job that needs a diploma. Besides nobody would know you a drop-out. Just control yo' shit, even when you all fucked up you a better worker than most of the guys."

Ezra chuckled. "Why you bein' all nice to me?"

"I'm only an ass to you when you piss me off," she smirked. "And right now you not. Have a nice night." She slowly slid her hand off her shoulder and walked away.

Ezra could feel James' eyes burning a hole in the back of her head, but she didn't care. She felt content. With a smirk on her face she turned around and left the building, making sure to bump James' shoulder on the way out.

* * *

Ezra let out a long sigh, tapping her nails on the cup of hot chocolate in her cold hands. It's the first snow of the season, the latest it's been. Snow usually starts to fall in November but this year it waited until late December.

Jax been pouting for weeks about it, she wants to play in the snow. Ezra figured she'd catch her making angels in the backyard.

I don't get why she likes winter so much,
I've always hated it...

Ezra hated being cold, she hated the sound when you step on snow. She hated the footprints everywhere, and she hated when the snow piles on the sidewalks. She hated snowflakes in her hair and she hated the dirt that lays on the snow.

But thinking of Jax with puffy cheeks and snow in her hair, laying on a bed of white, makes her think maybe winter can be good.

Though, the snow hitting her face was pissing her off. She finally got to the house and noticed there was no car in the driveway, which mean Jax's home alone and definitely in the back. She smiled and walked in, shaking the snow off.

"Jax!?" She called out.

She waited a few seconds but there was no answer.

I guess I was right, she's outside.

Ezra walked through the kitchen and and into the living room, looking outside to see Jax laying in the snow. Her eyes were closed and she was only in jeans and a sweater, Ezra's sweater.

She smiled and pulled her bandanna to her neck, then opened the door.

Jax immediately sat up. "Ez!"