CHP - 33

CHAPTER 33
Eight Seconds

^[Ezra in media]^
Ezra's Point of View

⚠️ Warning! Some Sexual Content!
Read at your own risk. ⚠️

"Jax?!" Ezra called out as she opened the front door. Her parents were, thankfully, not home. Jax didn't reply, so she assumed she was in her room, pretending she didn't hear her.

She closed the door behind her and trudged through the house. She felt like shit, but looked forward to taking a nap with Jax.

Ezra's been given up on trying to stay away from Jax. They slept together almost every night, and took naps when she comes from work.

She's able to sleep every night because of Jax, sometimes a whole eight hours. The sleep she's been getting helps to keep away her episodes, though she still has hallucinations.

She's been able to keep it low-key. Jax thought she was all better. But maybe after a while, she will be all better. She can hope, right?

"Jax?" She called again, as she purposely stomped her way loudly upstairs.

She didn't answer her.

Ezra sighed softly once she opened her bedroom door, seeing Jax on her bed, wearing Ezra's black hoodie and a pair of boxers.

Her laptop was sitting on her thighs and she was looking down at the screen.

She closed the bedroom door behind her and Jax finally looked up at her with a grin.

"Hey!"

"Why ain't you answer me?" Ezra asked.

"Huh? Oh, my bad. I doubt I heard you. I'm doing homework. Y'know I'm in 10th grade?!"

Ezra smiled at her and crossed the room, then dropped a bag of gummy bears onto her keyboard. "Congratulations, you can have this once you done with yo' work."

"Gummy bears!?" She smiled, picking up the bag and holding it to her chest. "Yes! Thank you."

Ezra leaned down and pressed her lips against hers, but pulled away, causing Jax to pout.

She wrapped her arms around her neck, and frowned. "Can't I get more than that?"

Ezra chuckled. "Nah, not now," she said, pulling her uniform off. "I'ma take a shower. You better be done with yo' work when I'm done."

Jax groaned. "But this shit's hella hard. Like some college work type shit."

"If you not done when I get back, I'll help. A'right?"

She nodded. "Fine..."

Jax's been working hard since Ezra's been here. She makes sure Jax does her work everyday.

Online schooling goes by a lot faster than a real school. So, Jax should be able to attend grade eleven, and twelve soon.

But now her work is surpassing how much Ezra's been taught. Though she's smart, helping with Jax's homework is getting hard.

She personally wanted to continue her education but she didn't have time to spare.

She's got more shifts at work, since she's been able to control her illness while working, and having therapy sessions at least twice a week, doesn't leave her with free time.

Ezra smiled at Jax, not letting her see through the mask, and left the room.

* * *