CHP - 24

CHAPTER 24
Another Episode

^[Ezra in media]^

Scritch

Ezra paused and started to scan her room for the source of the noise. Unless Jax was hiding in her closest, she was the only one there. She frowned slightly but shrugged it off and closed the door behind her. With a yawn she pulled off her dusty work clothes and her bandanna, then walked over to the bed in just her bra and boxers. She laid down and rubbed her eyes, yawning.

Scritch

She sat up and looked around. Where the hell was that coming from? She stood up and took a few steps toward the sound. Then realized with a start that it was inside the wall. It had to be a mouse, there's really no other explanation. She took a few steps forward and listened carefully.

Scritch Scritch Scritch

Ezra glared at the wall in front of her, it held a picture, but she knew underneath there was a mouse. With a sigh she got closer and lifted the bottom of the picture. She waited for it to make the noise again but it didn't. Glaring slightly, she raised her fist and rammed it into the seemingly hollow wall.

The response she got was a louder scratching on the opposite wall. But this time it didn't stop, it just got louder. She went over, without thinking, and punched a hole in the wall. The scratching stopped once her fist made contact and the dry wall crumpled to the ground, but there was nothing inside the wall. The scratching started up again, on the other side of the room. Ezra quickly crossed over and made another hole, stopping the scratching but finding nothing.

By now there was a burning pain in her hand but she barely noticed it. When the scratching started up again, she rushed over and punched another hole into the already damaged wall. The sound just started right up again, louder and louder until her ears felt like they would bleed.

It sounded high pitched and no longer sounded liked scratching, now it was more like a dull squeaking, mocking her. She followed the sound without thinking, like a zombie, and continued to destroy her wall.

The pain in her fists got worse, and she could feel the dripping of blood down her hands, staining the floor and her walls with crimson. But she didn't stop, she needed to stop the noise.

The sound slowly got louder and she started to scream to drown it out. It worked for a while but then it got even louder.

She dropped to her knees in the middle of her room and clamped her hands over her ears. The sound was so high pitched that her own screaming got louder without her noticing. Her head dropped to the floor in front of her knees.

"Ezra?" Jax's voice hit her, muffled slightly by her hands. "You okay?" She asked, concerned.

Her feminine voice was somewhat high, as always, but instead of it being painful it was comforting. The other sounds melted away and Ezra suddenly felt very stupid. Slowly she took her hands off her ears and sat up, turning to look at Jax.

She came over and knelt in front of Ezra.

Ezra got frustrated for a second. "Whas' all this damn water comin' from?" She sputtered while staring at the liquid on her hands.

"You're crying." Jax stated and reached her hands up, brushing her tears away.

Ezra took a breath, feeling herself calm down.

"You lucky ma and pops at work, you was really loud. I heard you before I opened the front door." She said. Her fingers trailed down to the scars on her arms, and she started to run the tips of her finger up and down the cuts.

Ezra closed her eyes and sighed softly. "Where was you?" She asked.

"Shopping. I been saving up money so I could go on a big shopping spree. " She said and she could hear the smile in her voice. Then she pulled her fingers away. "You bleeding." She whispered taking one of her hands in hers.

Ezra opened her eyes to see her knuckles were ripped and bloody. She winced inwardly at the sight and the pain came flooding to her.

"I'm guessing that's because you punched holes in yo' walls. C'mon." She said, standing up and yanking on her arm so she'd get up with her.

Jax dragged her into the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink. Ezra sat on the closed toilet as Jax opened the kit. Jax took the bottle of disinfectant and tapped the sink. Ezra set her right hand next to the kit and Jax smiled. Then attempted to open the child proof cap. Ezra watched, amused as she fiddled with it for a while, puffing her cheeks and groaning slightly.

After a few moments she managed to get it open and grabbed her hand. She held her hand over the sink and poured a small amount of the disinfectant over her bleeding knuckles.

Ezra hissed quietly in pain and gritted her teeth, looking away. Jax wrapped her hand up with gauze then did the other. Once she was finally finished she leaned forward and kissed her softly.

Then she pulled away and smiled. "Want to see what I bought?" She asked, excitedly.

Ezra frowned. "What?"

She grabbed both of her hands and pulled her up. Then dropped one and dragged her out the room and downstairs. Once they hit the living room she pushed her onto the couch. Ezra crossed her arms over her chest and stared at the many shopping bags on the table, most of them were obviously from a men's store.

"So, I got some T-shirts, tank tops, sports bras and some new basketball shorts." She said as she pulled them all out to show Ezra.

While they didn't look exactly like it,
they were definitely made for men.

TBC
***

I'll update again. 😉