CHP - 31

CHAPTER 31
Hallucinations

^[Jax in media]^
Ezra's Point of View

Thud

Ezra winced at the sound of a box of bananas hitting the concrete floor. That box wasn't even heavy, but her muscles were so sore she felt like her arms were going to fall off.

It just... slipped.

Ezra groaned and rubbed her right shoulder.

"Ezra!" Nic barked, suddenly right beside her as her mind jumped. "That's the fifth damn box you done dropped today, and you been slow as hell. We losing money having you here."

She looked up at her and swallowed thickly. She was sort of intimidating, and not just because she's her boss. Though she was barely an inch taller than Ezra, she had muscles, too. Her uniform had short sleeves so her bulging muscles were looking her in the eye. Her hair was dark and dreaded. She had arched eyebrows and hard eyes, making her always look angry.

She didn't know her real age, but she looks to be in her thirties. She was also intimidating, because she was actually really attractive.

"My fault!" Ezra apologized, rubbing at her eyes, since they kept trying to close. "I'm just real tired today. Thas' all."

"That's not my fucking problem! I gotta put up with a lot of your shit! I'm getting sick of it!"

"It's not my fault, I got insomnia." She tried to explain. "I haven't slept fo' days."

"Damn! What brain disease don't you got?! If your father didn't have a high position in this company I woulda' fired you months ago!"

Ezra heard Jordan snicker from behind, but ignored him, he's always hated her.

"I'm sorry." Ezra mumbled.

"Just go home, it'll be faster without you."

Ezra sighed. "Alright."

"And when you come in on Monday, you'd better be ready to work, or I'll have no choice but to fire you. You hear me!?"

"Yeah."

She glared at her for a few seconds and walked off. Once she was gone, Ezra exhaled the breath she didn't know she was holding in, and left the building, ignoring the eyes on her.

* * *

"Ezra!" Jax yelled as soon as she walked through the door. "When'd ya get off work?"

Oh shit...

They were eating dinner. Now she wished she would have stayed a little longer. Jax got up from her seat and ran over to hug her.

"Jasmine, sit back down." Mother ordered.

Jax pouted and let go of her, slipping back in her seat. It looked like they were almost done, except for Jax, she barely touched her food.

"You home early." Father growled.

"Ah, yeah, they let me off." Ezra mumbled and quickly left the kitchen. Thankfully no one said anything else so she was able to go up to her room. Ezra closed the door and leaned against it, sighing softly.

It was light out and she didn't have curtains, or blinds so she could see the light shining through the window. But she had a curtain rod.

"Shit..." Ezra grumbled.

She walked over to her bed and took off the top sheet. She wrapped it around the curtain rod a few times so it would stay then let it hang down to cover the entire window. Though it was thin the sheet was black so it worked well.