CHP - 27

CHAPTER 27
Bad Ol' Days

^[Jax in media]^
Jax's Point of View

"And you get all this for the low price of $49.99." The TV blared.

Jax blinked twice and rubbed at her eyes, shifting in her spot. It wasn't loud enough so she reached over to press the round grey button. There were five of them and they all looked the same, but she remembered which one made it louder.

She looked around the small room until she saw a stained white blanket crumbled in a pile on the old grey carpet. She crawled over to it, moved some wrappers and beer cans off it, then wrapped it around her shoulders. She moved back to her spot and resumed staring at the screen.

"If you're not yet convinced, well don't worry, there's still forty more minutes left to show you all about this amazing device." The woman said, with a big smile, showing her perfect teeth.

"I asked you how much fucking money!" Mommy yelled as she walked through the door.

Jax shifted so she sat criss cross apple sauce, with her arms in her lap. Mommy sounded mad, so she was probably going to have a fight. It always gets worse when she speaks, so she decided to just shut up, like she's supposed to. She didn't look either, it was easier that way.

Daddy followed after her, slamming the door loudly and sighing heavily. "Look, woman. I done told you, it was eighty bucks."

"Liar!" Mommy yelled. "You a fucking liar! I don't give a damn who you bought it from, it's never eighty bucks! It's always ninety!"

"You really fucking tripping over ten bucks?"

"Fuck you! It's not about the fucking money!"

"Isn't it always?" Daddy asked, completely calm, as he always is.

Jax heard a smash and knew mommy threw a glass at daddy. She did that when she's mad.

"Damn! You such a bitch!" Daddy yelled.

"And you just a goddamn lying piece of shit!"

A harsh noice sounded off across the room.

Oh, no... Daddy smacked her again. She always got really mad after he did that.

"Woah! Woah! Woah! Jessica, c'mon now, think a second, you don't wan-" Daddy rushed out. He sounded scared. Jax was curious about what was happening but she didn't look.

BANG

The sound hit Jax hard and she cried out. Her hands immediately flew to her ears and she squeezed her eyes shut. The sound hurt her ears and they started to ring.

"Son of a bitch always tellin' me what the fuck to do..." Jax heard Mommy growl, but it sounded distant, like she was in a different room.

She heard her drop something as Jax slowly regained her hearing again.

"Mommy?" Jax called, starting to turn around.

"Oh, shut the fuck up, Jasmine! I'm trying to think!" She yelled at her.

Jax cowered and looked down at her feet. She still hadn't fully turned around so she didn't know what was happening. Mommy sounded really mad but Jax didn't understand what she'd done.

Suddenly Jax saw Mommy's legs in her point of view and heard her turn off the TV. It was then that she looked up to see her angry face.

"Mommy, what was that noise?" She asked, tentatively.

Her face distorted as she ran a hand through her dark curls. "I just need time to think." She said to herself, deciding to ignore her again. She looked away and walked out of view.

Jax frowned and turned fully around. Mommy was sitting on the old couch with her head in her hands. Lying at her feet was daddy.

He was still and staring blankly at the wall. His arms were sprawled out and his mouth was open. He was bleeding from a large wound in his forehead. His face was drenched in blood.

"Daddy?" Jax whimpered.

She crawled over to him and placed her hand on his cheek, feeling the warm liquid slip between her fingers. "Daddy?" She repeated.

He didn't respond to her.

There was the sound of sirens in the distance, and they got louder until they screamed.

"Daddy!" Jax yelled. "Wake up!" She placed her hands on his shoulders and attempted to shake him. She wasn't strong so his body barely moved but she tried her hardest. "Daddy!"

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Mommy get up and go to the door. "Shit!" She yelled.

"No, no, no, no, no, no!"

Jax let go of Daddy and turned her hands over, seeing her red stained palms. She looked up at Mommy. "What happened to Daddy?" She asked, confused.

She seemed to ignore her as she kept her eyes focused on a spot near the couch. Jax followed her gaze to see she was looking at a gun. The sirens got louder and she pushed herself off the door, bending to pick the gun back up.

"Mommy!?" Jax yelled.

She turned the gun over in her hands then with a scowl, turned it on Jax. Jax's eyes widened and she flinched back and fell down, so she was holding herself up by her elbows. "Wh-! W-Wha-!" She started but Mommy cut her off.

"Shut up!" She hissed. "This all your fault! If I didn't get pregnant with you I wouldn't have married that piece of shit and I wouldn't have to live in this shity ass place! You did this to me!"

Tears were now streaming down Jax's face. "I-I-? I'm sorry?!" She screeched.

She shook her head slightly and placed her finger on the trigger, starting to press down. Then suddenly the door slammed open, and Mommy, pulled to trigger but missed Jax.

She screamed anyway, and pressed her hands to her ears as she shut her eyes.

The door was opened by three men in uniform. They all pointed guns at Mommy.

"Drop your weapon." One ordered.

She spun around to glare at him, but instead of listening to him, she put the gun to her own head and pulled the trigger.

TBC
***

I updated twice so keep scrolling, though Wattpad don't wanna let me be great. 🙂