Reasons

They finally pulled up at the address they were given. They sat there and looked at everyone they could see: Amanda, Nick, Cragen, Fin, Melinda, Huang, and of course Munch himself. Liv looked at El and saw him studying everyone. She grabbed his hand "It's okay, nobody's gonna judge," she laughed "I'll introduce you to the new people, and I won't leave your side. Just like when we were partners." She said smiling. He smiled back, took a deep breath and nodded.

Once inside, Elliot was quickly greeted by everyone he knew and introduced to those he didn't know. He did not like Nick and kept an eye on him. This didn't go unnoticed by Olivia but she couldn't figure out why he disliked him. She figured it was probably because of how alike they were and left it at that.

Everyone continued to have a good time. Once Huang and Cragen left they brought out the tequila and whiskey. Olivia tried not to drink too much because she didn't wanna act a fool in front of everyone. After an hour Munch left and said that we could stay until 2 am, it was already 12, so only two hours left. Everyone was sitting there talking and Nick kept asking Elliot how we were as partners and other stuff. Then Elliot got mad "LOOK I WAS HER PARTNER NOW IM NOT BUT AT LEAST I WATCHED HER BACK AND KEPT HER SAFE!" then he stormed out. "Uh what's that supposed to mean?" Asked Nick kind of laughing, he was drunk so he probably wouldn't remember any of this. "Well uh yeah, we out." Fin said as he and Melinda walked out together waving goodbye and laughing. Amanda sat there with Nick and Liv decided to search for Elliot on the balcony.

"Hey, everything okay?" "No. We're leaving." He replied. "Now?" He didn't answer he just walked out to the car. Liv said bye to Nick and Amanda and got in the car. "What was wrong back there El?" Silence. "Cmon you got mad at Nick, what happened??" He just shook his head without speaking.

When they got to her building he walked her up and waited for her to unlock her door. "He didn't protect you.." "El," she said walking in closing the door behind him "what do you mean he didn't protect me?" She asked kind of laughing. He looked at her with his serious, blue eyes "I mean he didn't protect you, he didn't make sure you were safe he didn't have your back Liv that's what I mean." He said sounding angry. "When El? When did he n-" "WHEN LEWIS TOOK YOU!" He yelled. She couldn't even grasp the fact that he knew. How, how could he know??? She thought. "Wha, what do yo-" "when the guy took you Liv. He wasn't there for you and you had to save yourself." He said much quieter. "Elliot how...how do you know about that?" She asked with tears filling in her eyes. "It was on tv that you were missing taken by that crazy serial cop killer guy. I tried to help but that guy Nick said if I didn't  have any information extra help wasn't needed. He hung up on me Liv. But I tried to help find you I did." She had never really thought about the fact that they put her on TV. But now she did, but all she could see was how hurt he was. She walked over to where he was standing and grabbed his hands in hers, and sat on the couch with him. "I believe you. And it's okay I promise, I know you would never leave me. I know that El, and I never, not for a second, doubted it." She said looking him in the eyes. He wrapped her in his arms tight. She heard him take a deep quivering breath and that was it, she started crying and held him closer.