The Trial

Liv had been acting weird lately. Everything was done so quickly and if something was out of order she fixed it, even if a box of cereal was tilted instead of straight. Everything wrong just seemed to bother her and Elliot didn't know why. 

"Liv what's wrong?" He asked as she straightened his already straight shirt. "Nothing, it's just out of place. See, better." She said sounding unsure. He had planned on eating lunch with Eli today, Liv was going to work again so he figured it would be nice. "Liv if something's wrong th-" "Nope. Everything is fine." She cut him off quickly. He just looked at her as she began to get in the car.

Once they were at the precinct, Elliot walked her in. "El please I'm fine I don't need you to walk me in." "I know." was his only response as she rolled her eyes and went to her desk. He watched her sit there uncomfortably and try to get focused on the paperwork in front of her. "Fin," he asked quietly "what's up with Liv?" "You don't know...she's got the whole Lewis trial coming up and he's changed it so now he'll be questioning her and it's just hell for her right now." "What why wouldn't she tell me?!" He angrily whispered back. "Dude, it's a lot to handle, she probably didn't know how to tell you." Elliot stood there for a moment, nodded and walked out.

It had been three weeks and the trial was in two days. Liv was still playing the strong role and wouldn't say much about what was going on.

"Liv, babe what are you doing up so early?" It was four am and she was cleaning around the apartment and getting Eli's clothes ready for the day. "Just cleaning up."  He noticed she also had a glass of wine with or near her almost all the time; she took a sip from her glass as she stared at the room she just finished cleaning. "Liv, you know that you can talk to me...About the trial, you don't have to pretend everything is perfect." She just looked at him and nodded. "Nothing I can't handle." He stared in her eyes but she looked away and started to clean again.

The day of the trial was hectic. Liv barely ate breakfast and was extremely nervous. She didn't want him to come so he stayed home with Eli. Afterwards though, she said it would last just another day. Yes. He thought, I can sneak in during the last part and make sure she's okay. And that's exactly what he did. Only one problem, he couldn't find her.

"She said she would catch up with us later." Said Amanda "What do you mean? I thought he got 25 to life??" "He did, he did it's just been hard on Liv, everyone really but, it hit her harder. She probably just needs space right now." She said rubbing his shoulder. Everyone had taken the elevator so he decided to take the stairs. That's when he heard the soft cries.

"Liv?" He almost whispered, her cries stopped "Yeah hold on I'm fine. Just um, just give me a sec ok." He hurried down and sat next to her. He wiped her tears and hugged her tight as she began to cry again. "What's wrong Liv? You got him." He said quietly "I know I know, but...I lied and he knows it." She sobbed. "What do you mean?" "I mean that he was handcuffed when I beat him and he barely lunged at me El. I lied under oath." She said as she continued to sob. "You did what you had to do Liv, no one is judging." He just held her tighter until she decided she was ready to leave. Getting her phone out she checked her camera to make sure she wouldn't go out looking like she had just finished crying, even though she had.

"You're good." Elliot said moving her hair out her face and taking her phone. "Now let's go meet up with them for dinner, we still have time." She nodded and followed.