His Truth

He stood up after a few minutes and chased after her "LIV WAIT!" "Yes?" It was clear she had been crying more since she walked away. "Why are you leaving? Did you just break it off with me?" "Yes. I did. I mean I did so it would be easier. I know that after all of that you won't want me. Knowing all of that, how could you? Even I don't want me, I feel disgusted with myself. I'm not even back to normal I'm...I'm broken." She said as her voice cracked trying not to cry more "No one could want that. So yeah I broke us off because we...we just can't work there is n-" she was crying but was cut off by Elliot's lips against hers. "Wha- what was that?" She asked breathless. "You're right Liv, about everything. I don't wanna be your 'boyfriend' or 'date' anymore and yeah you're not the same and I don't like it." "Okay then." She said turning around.

He grabbed her wrist "Liv I don't like that you've changed because I love that you're not the same. You have gotten so much stronger than you used to be. You have been through way more than I could ever have imagined;
I love what you've become Liv and you're only gonna get better. Liv, I want to be your partner, your partner in crime your partner....your partner in life." "What?" she asked in a quivering voice. "Liv I don't want to be your date because I want to be so much more. If you're broken I'll be there to help get you some new pieces, pick up the old ones and place them back together. I don't want to live my life without you Liv. I want to be able to finally call you mine and you call me yours. I want you."

He got down on one knee as Liv stared in shock "Olivia Margaret Benson, I love you and I want you to be my wife, for better or worse.  Will you marry me?" "Oh my god." She mumbled "Of course! Yes yes!" He slid the ring on her finger and stood up to kiss her. After what seemed like forever Liv broke the silence with "Wait, what do we do now?"