Artists

Stan was at the park, like he usually was on a nice Saturday afternoon, strolling along, admiring his surroundings with his drawing book and pencil case in his bag. Stan Uris liked to draw. He liked to draw birds, flowers, scenery... beautiful things. People too.

   He sat under a tree in the middle of the park with his back against the rough bark. Stan was in the middle of drawing a dog that was sitting by its owner on a bench across the park when he heard ruffling leaves and the slightest thump coming from the other side of the tree.

   What Stan saw was a boy. An absolutely beautiful boy, in his opinion. He'd always tried to believe he was straight, but always seemed to be knocked back into reality [A/N: ok but me] He'd always hid his feelings though because no one was really accepting of that nature at the time.

   The boy was drawing. Drawing a bird. Stan liked birds. He sometimes liked to go bird watching. But by himself though. If he brought any of his friends- well he really couldn't bring any of his friends. They'd all be bored out of their minds or would never shut the fuck up.

   "W-why are you s- staring at me?" The boy asked uncomfortably but quietly. Stan thought the boys stutter was quite cute actually, but he also wondered how long he'd been staring at the stranger.

   "He- Hello?" The boy waved his hand in front of Stans face. Stan's heart was racing but, he didn't know why.

   "Sorry. I just.." He paused. The boy sat waiting impatiently for an answer.

   "Sorry." Was all Stan managed to get out. The boy sighed before turning back around and continuing to draw. Stan sat on his side of the tree once again and ran a hand through his curly golden hair.

   The boys drawings were so amazing and realistic, but all Stan could focus on were the eyes of the brown haired boy. His green eyes shined even in the shaded lighting they were in and his hair, WOW his hair was so pretty the way it fell into place just over his forehead. Stan had to see his face again.

   He climbed the tree. Very carefully as he'd only climbed a tree a few times as a younger child and he had fallen every time. Once he got up, he found a strong branch overhead of the boy. Stan hung in the tree while admiring the boy for a few more minutes.

   He slipped. Stans grip became unstable and he fell right in front the boy.

   "What the-?!" The brown haired boy yelled, surprised.
Shit, Stan thought. Nice one, now he thinks you're a stalker, dumbass.

   "U- um, a- are you stalking me or something what the hell?" Stan lied on the ground for a moment before looking at the boy and coming to a loss of words before finally blurting out,

   "N- no I swear. I just, really like you're drawings. They're really nice and I like birds!" Stan shook his head, "Sorry. I sound stupid, I'll go. I'm- Im sorry."

   Stan grabbed his things and started to walk away, completely embarrassed. He wasn't planning on ever really coming back to this park, now. The green eyed boy hesitated, but caught up to Stan before he left.

   "I- um... I'm Bill." He stick out his hand for Stan to shake.

   "Stan." He replied with wide eyes. "Listen, Bill, I'm sorry again about earlier I was just, you know.... bIRD WATCHING." Stan smiled as innocently as possible.

   "You have an art book and a pencil case but no binoculars."

   Stan tried to think of how to explain that one.

   "Don't b-be sorry Stan, I um... I've s- seen y- you here before and I've been up in the same position." Bill blushed. "We're not v- very different I g- g- guess. Are we even?"

   "Even." Stan blushed as well as he agreed with Bill.

"B- b- by the w- way I like your d- drawings t- too." Bill smirked.

   Stan giggled then the two started talking for a while after that, until they had to leave. But every Saturday afternoon, they sat by the same tree and rapidly became best friends. But later, would end up as something more...