The Piano

Wyatt searched Spotify for a piano playlist to fall asleep to. The piano was so calming to him, and during certain songs he imagined himself playing the pieces because they're so beautiful. Wyatt just loved music. He thought he was sleeping, but he guessed he wasn't when there was a knock on his window.
He opened it like he wasn't tired at all and saw his favourite person, Jaeden. He looked so perfect at that moment, like the boy of his dreams. He came in and layed beside Wyatt on his bed and they both just stared up at the ceiling.

"Where have you been, Wyatt?" Jaeden said blankly.

"Many places without you..." Wyatt replied

"I missed you."

"I miss you, Jaeden." The way they both spoke sounded like a whisper.

"Are you still playing piano?" Jaeden asked and turned to Wyatt with soulful eyes.

"Yes. I saw you in the audience and I miss you." Wyatt said and started to cry.

Tears started to fall one after another, like a torrential downpour only just starting to form. Jaeden smiled and kissed Wyatt's forehead.

"Don't worry. I missed you too. But I don't miss you anymore. It's okay, though." Jaeden said and Wyatt cried harder.

"Where did you go?" The non-teary-eyed boy questioned, slightly confused, as he sat up.

"I'm here I haven't gone anywhere. Please stay. Jaeden don't go, please. I love you so much.." Wyatt begged.

"Wyatt?"

"Jaeden."

"Where are you? I can't hear your playing."

"Im right here. I played the piano couldnt you hear it?" Wyatt's heart felt like it was being stabbed.

"Wyatt?!" Jaeden yelled.

"Jaeden, stop! Come here!" Wyatt tried dragging him into a hug but his arms didn't touch anything.

He didn't feel anything; his arms went right through Jaeden.

"Jaeden, no! Stay!"

   Jaeden stood up and climbed back out the window even more confused and upset.

"Wyatt?!" He heard Jaeden call from outside, but Wyatt couldn't move.

"Jaeden! I'm here!" He finally moved towards the window but saw Jaeden somehow in the street, even though he had just left the window seconds ago.

A car was coming. "Jaeden! Move, look, move! Car!" Wyatt thought, but hadn't said anything. The car was coming.

"Wyatt!!" He heard his name being called loudly.

Wyatt opened his eyes.

"Finn?"

"Did you have the dream again?" Wyatt's friend and co-star, Finn, asked small-like.

"Y-" Wyatt breathed loudly and covered his face with his hand in relief it was just a dream, "Yeah." A tear escaped his eyes.

"Listen, man. I know you guys didn't end on a high note. But you didn't kill him, Wyatt." Finn smiled.

"I- I know. But it's my fault he walked angrily out into the street. And I was the one that called his name as he left, about to apologize, he stopped and didn't notice the car and DIED FINN! My god, it's my fault! It's my fault..."

Wyatt cried only a little more and Finn held him like a good friend. While exchanging a few "I miss him"'s and "I miss him too"'s.

"Maybe you should go back to sleep," Finn smiled.

"Finn, Bill Denbrough wasn't supposed to die... I was." They both laughed lightly.

"Ohh, come on, we're not our characters, man. You deserve to love. We're okay, Wyatt." Finn smiled kindly and left Wyatt to himself.

Wyatt lied down and his ears landed close to his headphones. The piano was playing. As he lied on his side, a single tear flowed quickly down the side of his cheek. He would have the dream again that night.

A/N: Welp-

Edit, 01/14/21: Looking back I made so many sad ones HAHAHA sorry y'all ✋✋😻