Chapter 19: Distance

His lips were soft, yet rough, tasting of cherries and metal. The boy bit down on Shay's bottom lip, forcing him to open his mouth for the invading tongue to enter. He could feel the tears spring in his eyes, yet his lips betrayed his heart and met the stranger with the same passion as he would with the one he truly wanted to kiss.  The white haired teen with sparkling eyes of red. 

But he couldn't have him, he pushed him away. Just after Shay had managed to get him to open up, Leon rejected him. Maybe it was time to move on...

Slowly, the stranger turned Shay's body around, pressing the two of them together as Shay instinctively wrapped his arms around the waist of the taller boy. If he was ever to fix his broken heart, he had to move on. 

The shaggy haired teen shivered when he felt the cold hands roam down to the hem of his shirt, lifting it slightly to touch abdomen and chest. He let out a small audible moan when the same fingers began to tug on the hem of his jeans, feeling the stranger's lips curl into a smirk against his own. 

But sooner than his body craved, the cold touch was gone, the boy having pulled away, panting from the deep kiss. Gently, his thumb ran over Shay's now swollen and slightly bruised lips, the same lust flickering in his eyes. "You're so beautiful like this, dominated underneath me." He growled in his ear, his lips traveling down Shay's neck and towards his shoulder as he left a blazing trail against the boy's flesh. With a blush tinting his cheeks, Shay bit his lip and averted his gaze. 

But the stranger wouldn't allow this as he took his face into his hands again, giving him a devious smirk. Quickly, the boy latched onto Shay's neck, sinking his fangs deeply into his skin, a whimper escaping his swollen lips as he could feel him sucking on the crimson from his body.  But as soon as it had came, it had left, the same smirk on those lips which abused Shay's own. 

He dipped his head slightly, a glint in those damned brown eyes, "I will be seeing you after school." He chuckled, turning and leaving the bathroom, leaving Shay alone. 

Once alone, his knees gave away as he slid to the floor. His tears dissipated, his mind racing with thoughts.  He wanted Leon so badly, but this stranger came in and toyed with something deep inside him. Something he never knew he had. It scared him, yet he craved it all the more. 

For the rest of the day, Shay skipped his classes, anticipating the boy, yet fearing him all the same. Finally, the last bell rang and a flood of students came rushing from the doors, boarding the buses sitting idly, getting into their own cars, or walking down the sidewalks. 

Shay was about to journey his way home when the familiar stranger had reappeared, just as promised. His arm wrapped around the shaggy haired teens waist, matching his walking pace. It was silent between the two, until they finally were out sight of the horrendous school. 

"Shay, is it?" The stranger asked, never looking down to see the boy in his grasp. Shay nodded simply, which caused a grin to take place on his lips. "Silent type, I like it. You may call me Daniel, Dan for short. "The boy, now known as Dan, replied, finally meeting the blue orbs of Shay. 

Once more, Shay nodded, and the remainder of the journey was filled with silence, much to Shay's relief.  But his heart began to sink when he came close to the house he knew too well, silently nestled next to his own. 

Dan smiled down to him, pulling in front of him to place another lustful kiss upon his lips, before releasing the boy from his grip. "See you tomorrow, Shay." He purred, giving his cheek a quick peck before continuing on down the cement sidewalk. 

Shay merely stood for a minute, feeling the same blush rise to his cheeks. Why did he have this affect? Only Leon had such an impact...Or at least thats what he believed. 

He shook his head, continuing up to his home as he peeked over to the silent home besides his own and paused. 

The sight truly caught him off-guard. The same woman who had easily thrown herself onto Leon was sitting on the door step, her head in her hands as she seemed to be...crying? Something deeply stirred within him, as he dropped his bag off at the porch and went to the upset figure. 

Instinctively, she shot up to her feet, two wolf ears flattening against her skull as she snarled lowly. Shay put his hands up defensively, but even through her threatening stance, he could see the tear infused eyes and trails of tears which spilled onto her cheeks. 

"I-I dont wanna fight.. I just..wanted to see ..if you're okay."He said slowly, stuttering over his words. The woman paused, before lowering her guard, sitting again on the door step.  With careful motions, he joined her on the step. At first, the silence was almost suffocating, and the raven-haired boy opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. 

Instead, he could only focus on the deep painful throbbing in his chest. "Wh-where is he?"He asked, looking to the woman for answers. But she never answered, and gave him a sympathetic look. 

Unable to take anymore, he stood quickly and busted into the house, immediately racing up the stairs and to the familiar black painted door. He swung it open, and his eyes widened at the sight. 

Leon laid nearly lifeless upon the bed, his breathing hard and labored, silver lines of his veins and arteries  peeking through his pale skin. The mere sight of him made the raven-haired boy weak in the knees as his bottom lip quivered, "Le-Leon?" He stuttered, and gasped when two silvery eyes opened. A small smile twitched at his lips, but it couldn't take hold as his face quickly contorted into pain. 

With soft and slow steps, Shay approached his bedside, the two silver irises never leaving his own blue ones. And that's when it took over, the boy shed all the tears he held within. His body trembled ferociously, as long sobs ripped from his vocal cords. 

With a soft touch, he could feel the cold skin of Leon's thumb brushing away a tear from his face. "Don't...cry..."The boy whispered, the voice a mere ghost of the voice he knew so well. 

Say finally looked up, seeing those silver irises just tore his heart. Instinctively, he brought his hand to the mark made by the boy who claimed him, the same rose red filling his cheeks. Once more, a small smile tried to reach the sickened teen's lips, "Good...Move.. On.."He breathed, having reached and grabbed Shay's hand, he gave it a small squeeze with the remainder of his strength. 

Was this what he meant? Here was the boy he loved, he worked so hard to get close to, and he laid dying in front of his own eyes. With a small nod, he returned the gesture. "I won't ever forget you."He murmured, dropping the cold hand back to the bed before he stood and turned away, walking out the same bedroom door. 

Only, unannounced to either, that this distance couldn't stay. Love had an interesting way of changing one's fate with one look.

Just like that fateful day which brought them together.

~Author's Note~

Hehehehe... Don't worry, there is still more chapters to go! Leon is quite a fighter, and Shay is too.

I know it's early, but maybe a sequel should come after?? Let me know what you think, all feedback is greatly appreciated!

See ya in the next Chapter!

~RalexTodd