Chapter 3: Can He Feel?

His lips. They were soft and warm, gentle like crimson rose petals swaying carefully in the breeze on a beautiful summer day. But as soon as his lips landed upon his cheek, they were gone, spread into a wide and cheerful grin as the boy skipped off. Leon wanted to go after him, the desire to feel his lips again, to feel the radiating heat come from his presence...Wait, what was this? Was he...? No! Impossible! After so many years in the comforting and lonely darkness, he built himself impenetrable walls, keeping him self closed and secure.

Until.

Until this...teen comes and steps into his life. Into his secluded lands and breaches the wall, causing a hole in his false security. And because of this, he...felt. He felt...less alone. But no. He couldn't feel. He wouldn't allow himself to feel so...open, certainly not to the new bouncing teen.  All Leon would cause is hurt. The same hurt he causes to his parents every time they lay eyes on the red eyed mistake.

"Leon Grace!" A irritated and harsh voice snapped him from his thoughts. He glanced up at the one and only, Principal Brant. Seeing it was a boys only school, it seemed fitting to put the meanest and cruelest bloodsucker in charge. Mr. Matthews Brant. Not only was he firm and forbidding, he also favoured the jocks and, just like the schools populars, put down everyone who was lower than himself. Did I mention that he was very ugly? His hair was disgutingly greasy, in a comb over with the few strands of brown hair. His skin was that of a old torn up leather couch with many ancient worn out tattoos that looked like smears of paint. Brant's brown eyes boiled with rage as he pointed toward the doors which teenagers scurried too to get away from him and the other hateful male teachers in their late forties.

With out a word, Leon was in the building within seconds. He was unusually fast compared to the others, which made him stick out more in a group of ordinary blood drinkers.

The automatic doors slammed shut, trapping the students into the cramped and loud hallways. Nerds and geeks alike getting shoved into bathrooms or lockers, lower class men getting beaten near to death, football players tossing the dead animal skinned ball back and forth and shouting at one another, Book worms shrunk into corners as they tried to read in peace. Then, came the goths which skulked around the lockers, not saying a word to anybody, but watched fights and drama happen in the green tiled halls.

There was not a single couple in the male only school. At least, not ones that consisted of two guys. Rumors were passed that if you were in a relationship with a fellow peer, bad things would happen. All because of the famous and hated homophobic principal Mr. Brant.

The white haired teen stood in front of his locker, shoving his bag inside and grabbing a pencil and notebook. But instead of being in and out of the halls, he lingered for a moment. His mind traveling back to Shay. His slightly tanned skin, his beautiful eyes and soft black hair. Was...was he developing feelings for the black haired boy?

Leon sighed and shook his head. He shut the rusty blue locker and clipped the little silver combination lock back on, giving the black knob a quick spin to ensure that no one would break open his locker. He turned away, heading down the halls and ducking underneath the dead skin football so it didn't hit him in the head. And swiftly, he slipped inside his first class, English with Mr. Brown. He wasn't like the other teachers, he had a...creepy aura about him. Whenever he was near he made a chill run down anyone's spine. Rumors spread that he was secretly crazy, but the principal always denied these accusations. But the only one he couldn't phase was Leon, who didn't care enough to listen to the rumors around the school. The teacher entered in a confident stride and all eyes averted his gaze. Without a word, he began to scribble on the white board with a blood red Expo marker. All the students began to write down the notes, except Leon, who gazed out the window beside him instead, his mind wandering to his encounter this morning.