Chapter 9: The Scarlet Reveal

~~WARNING: TRIGGERING PARTS AHEAD. PLEASE  READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. ~~

»»Shay's P.O.V.««

'Red...scarlet red. What...what did I do? He...he...'

"Leon..."I whispered as I took shaky and quick steps towards the oak door. My heart rammed itself against my ribs painfully as my breathing quickened.

'Scarlet....Deep..fierce...scarlet.'

Before I knew it, I was at the black painted door, a hand tightly clenching the handle. I had to know...I had to see...the damage I caused.

With a deep breath, my mind clouded with the colour of scarlet... I pushed the door open, and what I saw....was terrifying.

»Leon's P.O.V.««

'What is the point...the never ending cycle...pretend to be alive...only to die more inside...I need...I need to escape...'

Escape...I will escape. A quiet...lonely...escape. No one will look my way. My name will never be used again...this is it.

Carefully, I picked up my relief..my tool of escape... It was small...sharp...and a little flimsy...but it works....oh, it works...just two swipes. Two, and I'll be on my way.

A small smile of sorrow reached my lips as I turned the little metal piece....little metal tool in my hands. I positioned it in between my fore finger and thumb, lining it up with a nice big vein.

"This is it..."I croaked in a soft whisper.

Slowly, it dug into my pale, scarred skin as it trailed down towards my elbow. Blood began flow from the wound, dripping down my arm.

'What a mess..but...it'll finally be over..'

I repositioned the stained razor in between my bloody finger and placed it over another vein.

This is it...I finally wi-

SLAM!

My hand ran quickly down my arm, slicing slightly to the left at the end. My eyes lifted from the scarlet liquid...to see big blue eyes...full of surprise and worry.

"Shay..."