f o r t y - t h r e e

Ice Pick Chp. 1

1st Pov. Kailey

I groaned as I rubbed my dry eyes, and I looked in the mirror. I stared at the broken girl I never wanted to be. I shook my head, and fixed myself to look decently presentable and left with jackson towards school.

I slowed my step, as Stiles stood in front of me. I kept my distance, as I slid into class. I glanced at the wall we would be climbing.

“Wall climbing. Something I actually enjoy.” I muttered to myself as I went to change.

I stood next to Danny, as we slid on our bracers. I glanced at him, and Coach gave the nod.

I gripped the fake plastic rock, and began to climb up. Everyone watched as we raced. I gave him smirks as he returned the smile.

He began to grunt, as I pushed forward with less energy and reached the top and slapped the bell. He rolled his eyes playfully at me, as I flipped off and wait to stop abruptly.

I grunted slightly as I landed fine, and Danny did as well.

“Nice, Kail.” He said, and yelled.

“All right, next two. Stilinski, Erica, let's go. The wall.” He yelled, as Erica stepped up and I touched her arm.

“Are you good?” I asked, as I had spoken to her a few times before.

“I don't-”

“Kailey! Let her go!" Coach yelled, and I let her go and she gave me a pleading look.

As she climbed up I gave Stiles a look, as she paused and began to cry out.

“Erica!” I yelled as Stiles stared up at her in confusion.

“Erica. Dizzy? Is it vertigo?” Coach asked, as everyone looked up at her in a group.

I could hear her heart beat loudly, as she struggled to stay together.

“Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out.” Lydia said, as I glared at her and spoke.

“Erica.” Coach interrupted me, and Erica kept her eyes closed.

“I'm fine.” She said, and Allison spoke behind me.

“Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she's epileptic.” She said, and Coach looked up in slight anger.

“Why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff? I have to get - “ He stuttered as I moved forward and spoke.

“Erica, trust your instincts. There is a mat, kick off when your ready.” I said, and she glanced down at me. I gave her the biggest (actually smallest hopeful) smile i could only barely give.

“You're on the ground. You're all right. Let's go. Shake it off. You're fine.” Coach said, as she walked through the crowd and they spoke about her. I stood next to her ready to yell but she touched my arm.

“Don’t please.” She said, and left my side. I let my head hang down, as the hairs on my body stood on end.

I glanced to my side and saw him standing at the door secretly. His eyes stared at me only for a second as he followed Erica.

I grabbed my things and began to walk to the other door across the gym trying to not think about the broken ties.