f o r t y - s i x

Ice Pick Chp. 4

1st Pov. Kailey

I slipped on a red hoodie from Scott, as we entered the ice rink. I could sense Scott was here earlier with Allison, Stiles, and Lydia. I smelled Boyd, as we walked toward Boyd who was on a ice cleaner.

“Boyd. I just wanna talk. Hey, come on, Boyd, please. Did Derek tell you everything? And I don't just mean going out of control on the full moons. I mean everything.” Scott said, as I glanced around as my instincts became alerted.

“He told me about the hunters.” Boyd said, as he turned off the machine and looked at us.

“And that's not enough for you to say no? Whatever you want there's other ways to get it.” Scott tried, as Boyd looked at us fully.

”I just wanna not eat lunch alone every day.” He confessed, and Scott moved closer.

“If you're looking for friends, you can do a lot better than Derek.” He said, and the hairs on arm raised again. I glanced back halfway with my body turned to the side to look.

Isaac avoided my eyes as Erica held a cocky expression and Derek held his hands behind his back.

“That really hurts, Scott. I mean, if you're going to review me, at least take a consensus.” Derek said, as he glanced to Erica.

“Erica, how's life been for you since we met?” He asked, and looked at her.

“Hm. In a word - Transformative.” She looked around and then looked at us. She growled and showed her teeth and new golden eyes.

I rolled mine and Derek smirked at me.

“Isaac?” Derek moved on and looked at him.

“Well, I'm a little bummed about being a fugitive, but other than that, I'm great.” Isaac said, and finally looked me in the eyes. I stared at him in disappointment and looked at Scott.

“Okay, hold on. This isn't exactly a fair fight.” Scott said, and I glanced to Derek.

“Then go home, Scott.” He spoke with a smile, and glanced back at his minions.

I rolled my neck, as Scott flung himself down and turned.

I pulled out my mountain ash daggers from my boots, as I swung them around in my hand. I caught them swiftly and held them defensively. My eyes flashed to the orange, and I smirked.

“We meant fair for them.” I said, and Scott roared as they turned and charged at us.

I watched as Isaac swung his arm at me, and I sheathed my daggers. I slipped past him, and kicked his legs out, as Erica turned to me and swung.
I dodged it and swung my left fist into her face she stumbled as I sensed Isaac behind me.

I shoved his fist away as I punched him, and kicked it quickly.
His head shot down against the machine and he remained motionless. I breathed heavily as Scott threw Erica across the ice.

I looked up at Derek as he smiled at us. Scott shoved them across the ice to Derek who only glanced down.

“Don't you get it? He's not doing this for you. He's just adding to his own power, okay? It's all about him. He makes you feel like he's giving you some kind of gift when all he's done is turn you into a bunch of guard dogs!” Scott yelled as they slowly went to his feet.

Derek looked up as he approached us.

“It's true. It is about power.” derek said, as he walked towards us. His eyes flashing red, and him tilting his neck as he shifted. He growled as his teeth appeared and his hair grew.

Scott shoved me away, as Boyd grabbed my shoulders to hold me back. Derek gave him a nod, and head butted Scott.

He slashed his claws across his stomach, and swung his fist to hit him. He uppercutted him, and slammed his fist into his stomach.

“Derek! Stop!” I yelled as Boyd dug his new laws into my shoulders.

“Ah!” I yelled in pain as he dug to deep. His grip loosened, and Derek looked at me. Scott elbowed him in the face and was bent over.

Derek smirked, and punched his face, he grabbed the back of his neck and slammed his fist against his face multiple times.

He held his neck and slammed down on the ground. I jumped at them,  my body covering Scott's as Derek swung his claws at Scott.

I screamed as they tore through my skin, my muscle, and scraped the bone. Scott groaned under me, as I laid on him, barely holding myself up. He shot up and gripped my arms.

Derek stared in shock, as he glanced at this claws. Covered in my blood and flesh. He looked down at me, as I he saw the tattoo prominent of my back as I fell against the ice and blood pooled under my back spreading slowly from under me.

Scott touched my cheek, as my body started to convulse. I groaned as pain swept through me, then blinding light took my breath and heart away.

---

3rd Pov.

“No!” Scott yelled as he began CPR on Kialey. Her blood pooled around him as her lungs stopped moving. Derek stared frozen, unable to comprehend anything.

She gasped, as she groaned in pain as Scott lifted her in his arms. Derek took a step forward, and Scott shifted and growled.

“Don’t you ever touch her again. Never come close to her.” He warned, as they stared in shock. Derek became stone, as Isaac couldn’t take his eyes off her blood. His best friend’s blood.

---

“Why isn’t it healing?”

“Because it's from an Alpha.”

“I think maybe we better have that talk now.”