f o r t y - f i v e

Ice Pick Chp. 3

1st Pov. Kailey

I sat still, my face red from laughter as I sat with Isaac who was the same. The librarian glared at us, as we broke apart and began to walk down the hallway. He chuckled behind me and I punched his arm.

“How.” He faked, as we stopped an calmed down.

“Okay, you do understand that I came here to help you, and we failed to do anything.” I said, and he nodded as we stuck to the shadows to reach the warehouse.

“Yeah I did. It's been awhile since we hung out. It was fun.” He said, and I smiled genuinely. I backed away as I felt my hairs raise.

“Goodbye, Isaac.” I said, and began to walk away.

“Hey, did you do something to Kailey?” Isaac asked Derek as he appeared.

“She is choosing a side.” He said quietly, not wanting to hear his own words.

---

I walked next to Scott and Stiles as they had rushed out from the cafeteria.

“You gotta admit, Erica looks pretty good. You know, the word "sensational" comes to mind.” Stiles said, and I elbowed him. He gave me a smirk and moved so I could be closer.

“Yeah. How good do you think she's gonna look with a wolfsbane bullet in her head?” Scott said, and dropped the mood. I gave Stiles a look and he chuckled.

“All right, all I'm saying is maybe this one isn't totally your responsibility.” Stiles said, and Scott pushed.

“They all are. And you know this thing's gonna get out of control. That makes me responsible.” Scott said, and I spoke for Stiles.

“All right, we’re with you.” I said, and he gave me a light smile.

“And I also gotta say this new found heroism is making me very attracted to you.” Stiles said, and moved closer to Scott. I watched next to them keeping my smile down.

“Shut up.” Scoot said with a smile, and he continued.

“No, seriously. Do you wanna just try making out for a sec? Just to see how it feels.” Stiles pushed and Scott shoved him my way, and Stiles came after me.

“Jerk!” I yelled as he walked out without us. I shoved Stiles to the ground and ran to Scott.

“If anyone is going with him, its himself.” I joked and I nudged Scott, who did the same to me.