chapter 10

*Elena's POV*

I'm so tired.

So, incredibly drained. But feeling so much better. I look over to my left and see Harry snoozing away.

Looking so uncomfortable.

My poor baby. Has to sleep on a hard sofa. I sit up and think to myself. How lucky I am. How far technology has come.
If my Mum was going into Labour at 32 weeks, she'd would of have to of had me. No stopping it. But I got to prevent this! It's so brilliant what people are inventing these days. This century certainly has its ups and downs. Last century everyone was wiser. Smarter. These days, we're not so much. Getting pregnant at like 15, 16. Going out and getting drunk underage. Whatever though. I'm just saying, condoms are heaps more cheaper then diapers or nappies. Whatever the fuck people call them.

I rest my hand softly on my bump. Leo is kicking around, enjoying life. The Nurse comes in.

"Good morning Elena. Sleep well!?" She asks.

"Yeah, I did. Thank you" I say with a smile.

"You've had absolutely no contractions for last 13 hours, and you're baby's heart rate is perfect. You are safe to go home. We'll bring up a wheelchair and we'll take the IV's and monitors off and dismiss you," the Nurse says with a smile.

"Okay. Thank you," I quickly say before she leaves.

"See Leo, you ain't going no where for awhile," I say poking at my belly.

"Harry. Harry. Harry," I keep saying.

He's not waking up. He's out cold. I lift myself up to get one of three pillows from underneath me and throw it at Harry. Harry snorts as he wakes up.

"We're going home soon. They're going to come back and take my IV's out and take me off the monitors,".

Harry gives me the pirate eye as he's looking around the room totally confused and completely out of it. He sits up and scruffs his hair, then rubs his eyes.

"How'd you sleep baby!?" I ask him.

"Uh, I suppose it was better than nothing," Harry says.

"Not comfortable!?" I ask.

"Yeah. Not the world's best bed. But you know. Whatever,".

"I'm sorry Harry. We'll be home soon," I reassure him.

"Oh no I had no problem staying here for you, for like, a night but it's not ideal for everyday," Harry says.

The Nurse walks back in.

"Alright Elena. Lets get rid of these IV's and monitors for you," she says.

Harry stands up and walks over to me and holds my hand. She unstraps the monitors and places them aside. Then takes serious concentration taking out my 3 IV needles.

Oh god!

3!

She slowly takes them out. It's an incredibly uncomfortable feeling. But having Harry standing beside me, holding my hand, is making everything so much better.
He makes everything less painful. Well, he's distracting. Which everybody can agree with. I saw a Nurse trip over her own feet but continuously looking at my man.

No bitch.

You can't have him. Hope you had a nice trip.

"Alright Elena. You're good to go," the Nurse says placing bandaids where the IV's were.

"Yay!" I say happily.

"But, remember. You are on strict bed rest from now til the you've reached 36 weeks. You cannot, do anything drastic.
No sex,running, walking long distance, and no jumping around.
Keep everything physical to a minimum. We want to keep this baby in as long as we can,". I look at Harry.