Who Are We?

Sakura took a leave from work to focus on herself. Her life has been nothing but a drama lately, so she needed to understand her feelings. She decided to not leave her house and enjoy some alone time, but she's the precious Sakura, she's a lively part in everyone's life so everyone gets worried when she's not around. It was 1 P.M. , she started feeling hungry, but she too was lazy to move out of her bed and make anything. However, the genie heard her wish and came to her door, so she wouldn't starve herself. Upon hearing the slight knocks, Sakura walked reluctantly towards the door to be met with the most delicious smell of fried chicken. Once she spotted the chicken package the bird in her stomach started chirping making her desperate for a piece.

"I knew it's your favourite" A hesitant Sasuke appeared from behind the door.

"Yes, it's my favourite, but I wouldn't want to eat it with Narcissus" she immediately slammed the door, but he was able to block it before it closes.

"Sakura, Sakura I'm sorry okay!" It took him a big deal of courage to look at her with pleading eyes "Can we sort this out? P-please?"

She ignored him and walked inside her living, and he followed her taking her silence as a yes. He set the table while she sat down, sulking at him. He wasn't the emotional kind of men, but Sakura was important to him and making up with her was important, even if it meant stepping on his pride.

"You can't seduce me with fried chicken" she glared at him "What do you want? What brought you here. Plus I took a leave for a reason, I didn't want to see anyone, especially not you"

"And you're going to lock yourself in until when?" he asked but then gave up knowing she won't answer him "Look I was a jerk I know, and I'm deeply sorry for everything I put you through, but my mind was messed up, I was blinded by revenge, nothing else mattered to me"

"You know what hurts more? You were well aware how I felt about you since we were kids but still until this moment you kept playing hard to get, neither you rejected me nor gave a proper answer"

"Rejecting you means I can't have you when I need to, that means you'll move on, and I won't stand a chance with you"

"I can't believe this! That makes you worse" Sakura scoffed in disbelief "You wanted me to be left hanging? You wouldn't be with me nor let me move on with someone else?"

"I had a dream Sakura" he decided that no more secrets should be hidden. He'll let it all out "I wanted to be done with my revenge, come back home and start from scratch, if I reject you, you wouldn't be waiting for me. I f**ked up I know, and nothing could to justify my deeds"

Sakura thought she knew a lot about Sasuke, but he is like the deep ocean, the more you dive, the more you discover and the more you risk sinking. However, all the discoveries were not pleasant. He took her for granted, and he needed to be taught a lesson.

"I've always been ready to give you a reason, but hearing this. It just doesn't make me feel good about myself, you're making me feel worthless"

"You're not worthless Sakura" He sat on the chair next to her "You were never worthless, and you'll never be. I was an idiot to think that way; back then, only what I wanted mattered to me. Yeah you're right, I'm narcissistic and selfish and I'm sorry" he bent down to look carefully at her "I know a simple sorry won't fix it, but I'm trying my best and I hope you can understand"

Silence surfaced, neither he could say more nor she had the power to fight more. He said it, he was f**ked up and he came back to his senses. She was a girl with a huge heart, she couldn't bring herself to mess up with his brain more.

"Kakashi sensei tried to kill you that time when you attacked me" she sniffed and wiped her tears "he thought if you dared to lay your hand on me then you're no longer Sasuke, you're a monster. I went back home that day and considered you dead, but it never made me feel any better. If it wasn't for Naruto and Kakashi sensei being with me the whole time, I would've lost my sanity. I saw everyone giving up on the idea of finding you and bringing you back, and it made me really consider you dead, but deep inside you were always there"

"Thank you for not giving up on me Sakura" he held her hands softly "Nothing will justify my actions, but I really hope you'll be the bigger person and help me atone"

Sakura couldn't find a reason why she shouldn't be the bigger person. He was there to make it up to her, and she couldn't ask for more. She wanted him to know that she wasn't an easy bite, and he's aware of it. Nothing else needed to be said. She slowly freed her hands from his grip and circled her arms around his neck, making him understand she wanted to be safe with him. He, who was bending, stood up along with her and gave her soft pats on her back, reassuring her that he's got her back.

"Thank you, Sakura" he held her tightly "Thank you for everything"