chapter three - hot coffee and big clothes

Casey

"We should probably get going, Case," Jovie tells me as the five of us are playing Call of Duty on the floor after finishing our homework. 

"Yeah," I sigh.

"What?! Why?" Khakis groans, squeezing me in between his legs.

"Because," I laugh. "We've been here for six hours. We have school tomorrow."

He and Hair groan loudly. Jovie and I pack up our things, the five of us walking upstairs and getting in the truck, driving to my house since my mom said Jovie could stay the night.

"Hey, give me your number," Khakis nudges me and hands me his phone. "You too, Oreo." He snatches mine and Jovie's phones, and Jovie and I put our numbers in his and Hair's phones.

"You gonna be a big boy and ask for the pretty ladies' numbers, Wall?" Hair asks.

Wall clicks his teeth in annoyance and tosses his phone at me, hitting me in the head. I punch his chest and punch my number into his phone, Jovie putting her number in, Hair and Wall taking our phones and putting their numbers in. By the time we're all done, we're in my subdivision.

"Hey, we live in the same sub," Khakis muses. 

I gasp. "Awesome!"

He laughs and pulls up into my driveway. The five of us get out and walk up to my porch. I hug Khakis goodbye, Jovie hugging Hair goodbye, then we switch, then Jovie hugs Wall goodbye. When they part, Wall and I scrunch our faces at each other.

"C'mon, you two, be big kids and hug." Hair coos as he pushes me towards Wall.

"But I don't want AIDS," I whine.

Wall scowls at me, then grins and grabs my waist, making me shriek as he picks me up, squeezing me too tight to his body, making me wheeze in pain. I slap him and he drops me, Khakis catching me.

"Asshole," I mutter.

"Aw, c'mon, Mustard, I'm just playin'," He slings an arm around me, chuckling. "So sensitive."

I push him off of me and grab Jovie's arm. "See you tomorrow, guys," I say, and we walk inside, Jovie closing the door behind her.

"Well that was fun," she teases.

I roll my eyes. "I'm legit gonna kill myself so I don't have to see him." We walk upstairs to my room and collapse on my bed.

"Where's your mom?" Jovie asks.

I shrug. "Dunno."

She sighs and turns on my TV, surfing the channels for a show, and I get a text. I look at it.

KHAKIS: haze isn't as annoying as he seems. he'll be nicer once you hang out with us more, i promise.

MUSTARD: uh-huh...

KHAKIS: aw, c'mon. trust me. we're gonna pick you and oreo up tomorrow, so make sure you're ready by seven.

MUSTARD: you don't have to.

KHAKIS: we're part of a cult, now, mustard, we gotta stick together ;)

I laugh.

MUSTARD: fair enough, khakis. thank you :)

KHAKIS: no problem, mustard :) i'll see you tomorrow, gorgeous, sleep well <3

I smile, biting my lip.

MUSTARD: thanks, you too, see you tomorrow :) <3

KHAKIS: ;)

"Ooh," Jovie grins. "You and Matt, huh?"