chapter four - since when?

Casey

Towards the end of first period, Noah and I are talking and helping each other with the homework Mrs. Shu assigned for the night, and his arm is slung over me, both of us laughing at him for not understanding what we're supposed to be doing because he slept the entire hour.

"Do you think you got it, now?" I ask after showing him what to do for fifteen minutes.

He laughs. "I hope so." He looks at the work for a second, then looks at me. "Do you mind if I get your number?"

I kind of stare at him. That was random, but he's cute so why not. "Sure." I smile, and I hand him my phone, taking his phone from off the desk and both of us putting in our numbers in the other's phone, then trading phones again. Noah then looks up which makes me turn, and Wall is walking over to us with a coffee and muffin.

"Thank you," I say with a smirk.

He chuckles. "No problem, babe." He places a gentle kiss on my forehead, winks at me, then walks out of the class, leaving me with my eyes wide and my jaw dropped.

Did he get bit by something on his way here?

(Yeah, the love bug, obviously.)

Ew.

"Uh... " Noah chuckles uneasily. "What happened to not dating?"

"I swear to God we're not, I have no idea where the hell that came from," I reply.

He chuckles again. "You're sure you're not dating?"

"Swear on my life."

He smiles. "Fine," He gently kisses my cheek as the bell rings. "I'll see you later, then, Casey."

I smile slightly, my face extremely warm, and he winks, walking off with a friend. I look at Khakis who's waiting for me.

"Well, look at you," he grins. "A kiss from Haze and  Noah? New girl's gettin' it on!"

I laugh and shove him, grabbing my backpack, muffin, and coffee, both of us walking to our next classes.

I'm going to have to have a talk with Wall later.

******

After school, Hair invites Jovie and I over to his house so the five of us can work on homework together, so obviously we say yes, and we all run out to the car to see who will get in the front or back. Khakis and I dive into the front, and I expect him to crawl over me to get in the driver's seat, but suddenly Wall sits in the driver's seat, Hair and Jovie sitting in the back.

"W - What?" I ask.

"We take turns driving, Mustard," Wall smirks as he turns the car on. "If you thought Khakis was a crazy driver... " He clicks his teeth. "Tighten your seat belt."

The boys whoop loudly and he suddenly stomps on the gas, flying into the road, making Jovie and I scream.

We're going to die.

"Find a new song, Kitten," Khakis whoops over the loud engine.

I struggle to get the AUX, then I put in "Movie in my Mind" by Saint Raymond. Khakis pulls up the lyrics and we all begin to sing once Jovie and I relax and begin to enjoy driving fast.

"You're the words on my tongue to my favorite song," we sing. "you're the first and the last, oh, when all's said and done, you're the movie in my mind to which I know every line. In all these things I do, all I see is you!"

Suddenly Wall rests his hand on my thigh and my eyes widen as I glance at him, but he keeps his eyes on the road. I gulp and look back at my phone, getting a new song ready, trying to ignore the confusing physical contact Wall and I are sharing.