chapter twelve - stars

Casey

"Another week of hell finally over!" Hair whoops as the five of us head to Wall's Jeep in the school parking lot, all of us relieved the new week was finally over.

"Yes!" Jovie squeals, both of them dancing around the parking lot. I chuckle and we all get into the Jeep, Hair, Jovie, and I forcing Wall and Khakis up front, the three of us sitting in the back.

"New weekly song for us, Mustard?" Hair asks.

I smile and grab the AUX, plugging it into my phone and searching for a song, then I gasp happily and play it.

"Ooh, what's this?" Khakis asks as "R-I-P" by Olivia O'Brien blasts through the speakers.

Jovie and I dance to the song, humming the beat as the boys try to find the lyrics. I then fly up to the front and Jovie and I sing at the top of our lungs;

"R-I-P to the old you! I miss the old you, it's like you're dead to me now." I face Khakis who's laughing as I sing close to his face. "R-I-P to the old you! I fucking miss you, I would have never let you down like you did to me, now you're dead to me, R-I-P." I peck him on the cheek, then turn to Wall and sing loudly, making him choke on his water. "R-I-P to the old you, I fucking miss you, it's like you're six feet in the ground!"

He grins at me. "One day you gon' miss me."

I grin and kiss his cheek, then stand on the floor of the car, my head out of the sunroof, the five of us singing at the top of our lungs all the way to Hair's, Khakis' arm around Wall, Wall gently swerving to the beat.

******

When we arrive at Hair's, everyone's still humming to "R-I-P" even though we listened to a bunch of other songs on our way here. We walk inside and everyone heads downstairs while I grab a water bottle.

"She got me goin' psycho," a voice sings softly as arms go around me. "She got me goin' down, down, down,"

I smile and gently turn my head, expecting Khakis, but my jaw drops when I see it's...

Wall.

Why can every guy sing?!

"Got me livin' on a tightrope," He spins me carefully. "She got me going down, down, down." He picks me up and sets me on the counter, leaning over me, trailing his stubble against my neck, making me squirm. "She got me going psycho. She got me going down, down, down."

"Why can all of you sing?" I murmur as he gently takes in my scent.

He chuckles. "I don't know how to answer that, kitten." He gently kisses my jawline. "I think you should let me serenade you."

"I'm not letting you trick me into falling in love with you."

He chuckles again. "I'm not gonna trick you into anything. That's all on you, baby girl."

I shudder as his fingertips trail my spine.

"Will you let me serenade you, Kitten?"

I gulp as he places a hot kiss to my throat, making me whimper softly.

"Downstairs," I whisper.

Wall smiles with a soft groan and gently rubs his nose against mine. "Soon. Soon." He then picks me up and grabs my water, both of us going downstairs to work on homework.

******

"We should all have a sleepover to celebrate the passing of my test in Pre Calc." Hair finalizes as we're watching a movie at seven pm.