chapter nineteen - kiss me: part one

Casey

"It's almost fucking March, when are you going to kiss me?" I shout angrily at Haze after we get home from the store.

He chuckles with a shrug and I grunt in anger, turning away. We're at my house because the group decided we should wait until everyone has each other's Christmas gifts before we open each others, and now that everyone has gotten their gifts, we're going to open them at Hair's house, then right after go to a party.

"Please don't be angry, Kitten, but I wanna wait for the perfect time."

"There have been multiple  times for it to be the perfect time! You're just being an asshole!"

"Ouch," He frowns.

I roll my eyes and get out of the Jeep, walking inside and heading upstairs to my room to grab Haze's gift, Jovie's gift, Hair's gift, and Khakis' gift. I got Jovie a shirt that says "no fucks given", two bottles of perfume, a pair of heels, a sweatshirt, and a necklace, I got Hair some new hair gel and a par of Jordan's, I got Khakis a new pair of khakis and a sweatshirt, and I got Haze a Bazzi record from Vertigo, a turntable, and a couple sweatshirts.

"Ready, Kitten?" Haze calls from downstairs.

I run downstairs and write a note for my mom whenever she comes home, and Haze and I get in his car, driving to Hair's place.

When we walk inside, we head downstairs and find everyone putting their gifts under Hair's miniature Christmas tree.

"Merry late Christmas, y'all." Haze says in his "gay voice".

Our friends run to us and hug us tight, and I put my gifts for everyone under the tree. We find a seat and vote who opens their gifts first.

"Yes!" Khakis screams, and he grabs his four gifts and looks through them to see what one he's going to open first. "Okay, Mustard, you're first."

I smile and after he opens his gift, he gasps happily and jumps on me, hugging me tightly.

"I LOVE YOU!" he cries, giggling.

I laugh and hug him back. "I love you, too!"

******

After everyone opens their gifts, I'm the last one. I open Khakis' gift and laugh as I see an extra large shirt covered in tiny mustard bottles and tiny mustard bottle covered knee socks.

"I love it!" I cry, giggling.

He laughs as I hug him. I open Jovie's next and gasp, laughing as I see it.

"Your rose gold dress and heels!" I exclaim. "Jo, these things were expensive, I'm not gonna take them from you."

"Well, Wall couldn't stop talking about how sexy you looked in them, and I don't even wear them anymore, so you have them." She winks at me.

I smile, then turn to Haze who's blushing into his phone, which makes me laugh. Next, I open Hair's gift. I gasp happily as I see a picture of the five of us the first day we met when we were in his truck.

"I didn't even know someone took this," I gasp, smiling huge. "Aw, we're so cute."

Everyone laughs and I run my fingers over the picture like it's the most wonderful thing in the entire world. I then look down and shriek with laughter as I see a white bra and matching underwear, both with tiny mustard bottles on it.

"I'm gonna wear all of these when we get back from the party." I giggle.

They laugh, and when I look for a gift from Haze, there's nothing. We look at him.