chapter five - confessions

Casey

"You're such a dick," I mutter, pushing myself off of Wall and walking into my house.

"Aw, c'mon, Case, don't be so butthurt just because I'm such a charm."

I scoff. "You are not a charm. You're an idiot."

He hisses. "Ouch," he whimpers, placing a hand on his chest.

I roll my eyes.

"I'm gonna make popcorn." He grabs two popcorn bags and pops one into the oven after unfolding it, turning the oven on, both of us listening to the satisfying crinkling and popping. "C'mon, Casey, don't be mad, I'm just trying to have fun with you."

"That!" I exclaim, referring to earlier when he kissed me on my neck twice. "Was not fun!"

He grins. "You loved it."

When the microwave beeps, signaling the first bag of popcorn was popped, I take it out and pour the popcorn into a bowl, putting the next bag in.

"Let's watch a movie," Wall runs over to the stacks of movies and picks out "Father Figures". "Yes!"

I roll my eyes and when the microwave beeps again, I take out the second bag and pour it into the same bowl, getting two glasses of water and walking to the living room, setting the items on the coffee table, Wall collapsing beside me and playing the movie.

"So," He turns to me. "Now that we're BFF's, how about you tell me stuff about you?"

I roll my eyes at the "we're BFF's" comment. "What do you wanna know?"

"I dunno. Something."

"My name is Casey."

"Woah, no way, dipshit. Come on! Interesting stuff!"

"I have three brothers."

"Okay, and their names are...?"

"Tony, Walsh, and Owen."

"Ooh. Okay, tell me more."

I sigh loudly. "How about we just watch the movie?"

"Come on...! Tell me about your parents."

I sigh softly and swallow. "I have a mom. Her name's Monica."

"What about your dad?"

I sigh and slightly shrug, keeping my eyes on the bowl of popcorn.

"Oh," Wall tightens his arms around me. "Okay."

"Your turn," I say softly.

He chuckles and pushes my hair from my face. "Well, I have two  brothers; Auden and Dom."

I nod slightly. "And your parents?"

He sighs softly with a smile. "I don't got any."

I slowly look at him, my eyes wide. "Oh."

He clicks his teeth. "Yeah, they died a little bit ago. But it's okay. Shit happens."

"So you... take care of them on your own?"

He nods slightly. "Me and my older sister, Saylor. She's here for the month, so she's been watching them so I can see my friends more."

"That's nice,"

"Yeah."

It's silent for a while until I whisper, "My dad left a while ago."

Wall smiles sadly and brushes my hair from my face again. "Now we're getting somewhere."