Chapter 2

You enter the room where Pabu ran into. It was small but big enough for movement. You see Pabu climb into the bath waiting for you to wash him.

"Oh Pabu, what am I going to do with you?" You chuckle as you walk over to the tub and started to scratch his back, mixing the soap with the coat of dirt on his fur.

Pabu lets out a yawn, his eyes slowly start to close. "Oh, you like that? Well, don't get to comfortable because I have to rinse you soon when all this dirt gets off." You cooed to him. He gives a toothy smile.

You continue to work on him. When you start to scrub his paws, you heard the two boys that you just met arguing. "What if they do like me for me?! Ever thought of the girls who actually like me for me?!" Bolin spouted angerly.

What are they talking about? You think as you finish up the last paw. "Okay, time to rinse you." You look around I spotted the big sink. "I have no idea what I am doing... Never washed an animal before.... Only babies when they were born..." You keep fading in and out, trying to keep your emotions hidden, not wanting to frighten Pabu.

He leaps out of the tub and climbs into sink, biting on the handle to imply he rinses off like that.

You smile, chasing away your negitive emotions. You turn on the water and Pabu thrusts his face into the stream with his eyes closed.

You rinse of head and continue to the rest of his body when you hear Mako say to Bolin, "Yes there may be a couple of girls who like you for you but have to think Bolin." There was a pause before he continued. "She is going to be the last girl you bring because she is... She is your girl."

You almost stopped rinsing Pabu but you heard two pairs of foot steps heading to the bathroom.

You start humming a tune that your mother taught you before she died.

Bolin and Mako enter, not noticing the song. (Or so you thought....) "Nice voice." Mako attempts a smile, something is wrong with him.

"Where did you learn that song.... Wait a minute.... You had Pabu take his bath?!" He digressed from the singing topic.

You blush at the thought of Mako thinking you have a nice voice. You shake your head slightly, getting rid of the thoughts.

'Yah, all I have to do is dry him off." You respond with a nervous chuckle. Mako made your head dizzy. "I have to go. Gotta buy a pouch and. Some. Uh, groceries for. Me." You struggled to make up a lie.

Mako looked hurt and relieved at the same time while Bolin just looked hurt. "Well our match starts at seven, so be there or be sqaure. Get it? Because if you're not there your're not around. And round as if in a cirlce!" Bolin laughs and wipes away a humorus tear. I chuckle and dance on my toes.

"Here, to dry off Pabu." Mako chuckled at Bolin while handing me a white towel. Our fingers brush for only a second, giving me an electrical current through my skin.