Chapter 12

You both gasp at the same time.

"Take me with you!"

"What?" You question, taken aback.

His dirt smudged face frowns. "When you leave this building, take me with you. I don't want to live here anymore." He stands up and crosses his tiny arms around his chest.

You stand up as well. "Let's go then." You take his hand and start to lead him out but he suddenly stops. "What's wrong?" You ask with concern.

When Kauo looks up, his eyes are shiny with tears. "I can't go. They will know and they will hurt you." His voice breaks and he starts to cry. You pull him into an embrace.

He cries into your neck. "Can't leave you here. It isn't healthy." You bit out, holding back your emotions. He continues to cry.

"But they will follow your scent and you will be charged for kidnapping! And they will also beat you up like they do to me. And-and-and they will hurt you!" He attempts to speak while sobbing violently.

You shush him softly. "I can take care of myself..." you fade out, thinking about his position. "Will they hurt you, if they knew?" You question in a shakey voice.

He pulls away and stares into your (e/c) eyes. "Yes."

It was just one word. Whispered. But you had chills going down all over your body towards your feet. If they beat him for small things, they are probably going to kill him if he tried to escape.

"What if I send you to the Southern Water Tribe?" You automatically suggest without thinking.

His face brightens. "Let's go now." He jumps up and down excitedly. You put him on your back and started running toward the docks. A ship was about to go to the South Pole for a trade. You stowaway just in time.

You both settle on a bail of hay. You look at the ceiling, suddenly tired. Your heart was beating from the run, your limbs were tired and couldn't move. The hairs on the back of your neck stood. Some one was watching you.

You look over to Kauo and almost screamed. He was staring at with big eyes in the  dimming light as the doors slowly closed. "What?" You ask once getting your bearings.

He smiles. "Teach me." You laugh and sigh. The only light that came in was from a small round openable window high on the wall. You could only see the outlines of everything.

You struggle to get up and open the window. The swishing of the waves  enter the dark room slowly, giving it a calm feel. You pull water from the sea and make them into healing orbs, lighting up the room with a light blue hue.

Kauo clapped his hands with a happy gasp. You pulled in more water and made an ice bowl and more water so it filled it.

The teaching of the basics were about to begin.

—————————————————————-

Mako POV

I woke up with a start. (Y/N) had been captured by Equalists and I couldn't reach her. An unbreakable glass had  been put up and our hands could be together but we couldn't physically touch. She ends up getting tortured and—

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts. "Mako! (Y/N) is gone!" Bolin's voice shattered through the door.

I quickly dress and sped out of the room. "What?! Where did she go?!" My heart raced at a million miles per hour.

"Hmm, let me think. I DON'T KNOW MAKO! I WOULDN'T BE TELLING YOU SHE IS MISSING IF I KNEW WHERE SHE WAS!"  Bolin served me a plate of sarcasm with a side of sassy for breakfast.

I frowned at him. "Let's go look for her!" I stated bitterly, not liking his screaming and rushed out of the room.

—————————————————————-
(Y/N) POV

"Yay! I got it right!" Kauo squealed with delight. You cheered along and did a little jig with your feet. "Let's take a break..." Kauo sighs tiredly.

You both sit on the hay bail. He puts his head on your lap. "You are a very fast learner." You comment on his skill to pick up the moves quickly.

He smiles. "Thanks, (Y/N). Your a good teacher. Could you sing me a song?" He suddenly switched the topic. He is really tired though. Probably tired of the waves.

"I would love to. My mother taught me this... Leaves from the vine. Falling so slow, like fragile tiny shells drifting in the foam. Little soldier boy come marching home. Brave soldier boy comes marching home." You sing it at a very slow pace.

You almost cry, the song in general was sad,  it you also missed your mother and the song was one of the only things you had left of her.

You look down at the young child. He was asleep. At peace.

You feel your eyes close and sleep over powers you.

A/N: Sorry if there are any errors. And I'm trying to write but I'm in one of those moods where I want to write my story but I don't want to physically type this. :)