Chapter 29

A/n: And I am officially back. Thank you again for waiting. I am starting school again, so it might be a little late. This chapter will be a shorter one because I want to get back into the flow slowly.

Mako walks you back to the air temple. "It's been a fun day, (Y/N). I hope we can do this again soon." He nervously rubs the back of his head. "And between you and me, I hope Hasook quits."

——(Flash Back)——

The night stars reflected in the dark waters of the bay as you rode the ferry boat to the island. "So, now that you came back from the shock of the question. Would you maybe consider the team?" Mako doesn't look at you directly.

You stayed silent for a few moments, thinking on how to phrase your words. You let out a soft sigh. "I enjoy bending. Especially with you and Bolin... If Hasook quits then I will join." You state slowly at first.

Mako's eyes widen and his lips turn up to a smile. "That's great!"

———(Reality———

You laugh and pushed him away slightly. "You really want me on my team, don't you?" Mako joins in the laugh and nods.

"Yeah. I'll see you later. Make sure you get a good night's rest." He waves a goodbye. You bid him off as well. You watch him walk down the steps until you could barely make out his figure in the dark.

"Ah, (Y/n)! You're finally back. Tomorrow, since you don't have work, will be filled with air bending techniques. Of course you won't be able to air bend, but I don't think either of us cares." Jinora finds you in your room with the door opened.

You look up from your book and smiled. "I can't wait!"

A/n: Like I said, super short chapter. I am also trying to fight a writers block, so bear with me.