Chapter 18

Bolin screams at the sudden sound and I gasp. She does this every night?

I get up as the moans contorts into screams. I get dressed hurriedly, clothes in disarray. Bolin follows suit. We were about to exit when we hear foot steps falling hurriedly, a lady calls out Watatsumi's name frantically.

Bolin moves over to the wall dividing the two rooms, pressing his ear to listen. I copy him, straining my ears to hear the conversation that was about to happen. The inn keeper, Aiuoko, had entered the room.

"Watatsumi! Watatsumi! I brought your soup. Please don't cry." She cooed softly, trying not set off the crying girl.

The screams die down and the only noise is Aiuoko humming. "What's happening?" Bolin whisperers.

I shrug a response, focusing, attempting to hear the depressed girl... if she speaks. "I need to find him, Aiuoko. But he doesn't want me to." She croaked somberly.

My mind raced. It was (Y/N)! I was about to speak but Bolin interrupted. "That sounds like (Y/N)!" His whisper was excited. "We found her, Mako!" He suddenly shouted with glee.

Their conversation halted, we couldn't hear anything except for our breathing. I could sense Bolin burning up with embarrassment. You had to scream, Bolin?

Aiuoko excused her self from the room. A knock on our door rang out sharply. I curse in my head and roll my eyes at Bolin.

———————————-
Aiuoko POV

The door opens and I see the firebender, Mako. My face was heavy with a frown. "What are you boys thinking?!" I whispered-yelled. "I have been working hard to keep her trust! You just broke it. She pointed me to get out!" I started to rant, raising my voice higher, almost reaching to a shrill.

"We are very sorry." His voice cracked with embarrassment. His face was red and he fidgeted with his messy clothes. "It won't happen again. We promise." He continues to apologize.

My eyes widen with white-hot anger. "There isn't going to be a next time. Get out!" My voice reaches to a high shrill. The teenage boy stares at me blankly, processing what I said.

"What?" He blurts disbelievingly. My eyes narrow. Voice low, I respond. "You heard me. Get out. Go somewhere else. You have destroyed my relationship with Watatsumi! Leave!" I step aside, hands balled in a fist, trying to control my anger.

"Bolin, lets go." He calls into the room as he turns to retrieve the earthbender.

———————————-
Y/N POV

You were silent. Mako and Bolin were here for you. Why would they be here? Do they really care for me that much? Your mind was spinning. The walls swayed, you had to lay down.

You breathe through your nose quietly. I shouldn't have kicked her out. But it was just too unbearable. They weren't suppose to come for me. I was suppose to get over this by myself. Your heart wrenched with pain. Kauo was gone, back to his abusive parents and you couldn't help him.

You listen to the conversation happening. Aiuoko was steaming, and Mako awkward. You close your eyes, feeling dizzy. You will the feeling away but it doesn't listen. In fact, it worsens.

"Aiuoko," You call out weakly. "Aiuoko, I need help." You start to move to sit up, limbs shaking. Mako and the inn keeper suddenly began to bite each other heads off.

"Aiuoko!" Your voice was weaker. I want help. You suddenly think to yourself about Kauo. They can help! You continue to move, despite the spinning of the room. The moment you stand up, you crash into the bed table that supported most of your weight on.

The exchange of bitter words continued. Pain courses through your arms, torso and legs. Mako and Aiuoko's voices start to fade. What's happening?! With heavy eyes and bricks for limbs, your mind raced until unconsciousness severed your connection with your rising panic.  

- - - - -

The next time you awake, the sun filtering through the curtains warms your cheeks and bothered your (e/c) eyes.  Why am I laying like this? You get up and stretch with an exaggerated yawn.

A rumble from your belly reaches your ears like thunder.  "I'm starving!" you laugh at yourself and fix your appearance in the mirror. Why do I look like I have been crying for a week? Your face was red and puffy from crying.

You shrugged it off and grabbed the keys to your room and walked out the door with a pleasant smile. You were here to have a spontaneous vacation. "Good morning, Aiuoko! What a bright day it is!" you sit down at seat and waited for breakfast.

The inn keeper stares at you with a dropped jaw. "Are you feeling okay, Watatsumi?" she asks with caution. You looked at her with confusion. Watatsumi?

"Who is Watatsumi?" you begin. "My name is (y/n)." You add trying not to sound bratty. She shakes her head.

"I'll be right back." she forces a nervous smile and shuffles out of the dining room.

----------------------------

Keietsu POV

Mother walked in lividly. "What have you done, Keietsu?!" She waves her hands in frustration. I take in a nervous gulp. I guess the powder did work. I only half believed the guy. "She says she is (Y/n)! Not Watatsumi!" She grabs a knife and starts to cut the vegetables for the meal.

"Well, I sort of wanted her to stop being depressed so I talked to Tonrar and—" I scratched the back of my head, knowing I was in deep trouble.

"Oh no you didn't." Mom whispered in a low voice. The pepper snapped and the knife was embedded into the cutting board. "I told you to stay away from him! He is nothing but bad news." Her whole body shook with uncontainable anger. "Tell me. What did he give you?!"

"Deep-Six." I say and lower my head. She took in a sharp breath. "I'm sorry! I just thought if she forgot about him she would be happy again! I didn't know she was faking her identity!" I look back up, her blue eyes were bright with hot rage.

"Just make breakfast!" She huffs and fixes her hair. "Don't speak to him again!" With that she ignores me for the rest of the time, barely acknowledging my presence.

I walk out with a cup of juice and and a slice of toast and a side of jelly to serve the only guest in the inn. "Watatsumi, your appetizer." I set down the tray in frount of her.

She smiles sweetly. "It's (Y/n)." She takes the juice and gulps it down. "Who is this Watatsumi anyways?" She steals the toast and chomps it down.

"Sorry, just some one I used to know. You remind me of her a lot." I make up a quick lie. She laughs. I join and wipe a fake tear. "I'll like more juice, please." She sets the glass back onto the tray.

"Of course, and your meal is almost ready." I take back the tray and refill the juice. Mission accomplished. Now we can have business again when she leaves.

Mom puts an omelette on the tray and starts making our own breakfast. I take the tray back out and see (Y/n) examining the curtains. I clear my throat and smile. "Your meal is here. Enjoy." I unload the tray and leave. She says a thanks and I nod.

A/n: Sorry if there is any errors

Thanks for reading this fanfic I'm so excited to add on to it in the future!

If I read and remember right I have around 1k reads XD

It is greatly appreciated

I'll see you next week😊