Chapter 23

The Zebra Frogs elected their water bender to fight the knock out round. Your eyes widen. What the heck?! "(Y/n), you will do fine. Just push him off the edge before you do." Bolin gives you a word of encouragement. You nod about to step on the inner platform.

"Remember to keep a clear head and don't panic. Take a deep breath and let go. It always helps me." Mako adds with a small smile at the end. You return the smile with another nod.

Shiro Shinobi starts rattling off when you take your stance. The platform rises and the water bender gives you a cocky smile. You give him a frown. "You're not going to survive for a second, fresh meat." He cackles wickedly.

You don't say anything and adjust your helmet. The buzzer starts and the crowd goes wild. The man pulls water and gives a punch. You deflect it with a gasp. He smiles and continues with harsher attacks.

You deflect all of them but couldn't bring yourself to fight, you didn't want to mess up the game for the brothers. "Come on, (y/n)! You got it!" Bolin shouts from down below.

"What? Too afraid you might use ice again?" Another punch of water. This time instead of pushing it away you turn it around and aim it towards him, careful on not doing any style you would in a real fight. Caught off guard, the water bender stumbles back, tittering off the edge. You give one last swish of water and he falls with a shout.

"I can't believe it! The step-in waterbender for the Fire Ferrets has won the Knock Out!" Shiro Shinobi comments into the microphone. You feel a little pride enter your system, making you smile. The crowd cheers along with the two brothers. "With them winning the knock out, they win the match!" The ring starts to lower and Bolin gives you a hug the moment you land.

You hug him back quickly with a laugh. "I actually did it!" You exclaim happily. You look over to Mako for a second and you instantly burn to a crisp. Mako was smiling with a rosey blush. His eyes were glowing with joy. He meets your own eyes and his pink deepens to a red.

You look away, blushing as well. "Hey! We should celebrate! Our first win with you!" Bolin jumps and down excitedly. You take off your helmet, sighing with relief. Time to take a break.

"Mako's paying!" You volunteer the firebender, still getting back at him from his outburst. You and the two brothers had entered the waiting room. Mako takes off his helmet with an amused scoff.

"Okay, I'm paying then." He responds with a laugh.

———————————————-
Bolin POV

Typical Mako! I ask for one girl! He said she would be my one, if she liked me back that is... I climb into bed with a tired sigh. I plop my head onto the feathered filled pillow. You couldn't be more obvious, bro! They sat opposite of each other while I sat beside (y/n).

They were talking back and forth, I barely got a word in. I even took three big bites of Mako's sandwich and he didn't even notice. I guess they made up from his explosion.

But now since I know the truth,  I have a new mission for the two. Another girl will come. Some one special, one for me. And I'll be her special someone... I shuffle in the bed, laying on my side, facing the window.

How am I going to get them together though....

—————(Flash back)——————

We enter the crowded tea shop that (y/n) worked at. "Table for three, please." Mako smiles politely. The lady nods and notices (y/n) and she screams happily.

"(Y/n)! You're back! Where did you go, girl?!" (Y/n) smiles at her question. The lady pulls her into a hug and they do a little jig. I glance at Mako, a goofy smile plays across his face. Nooooooo!

"I went on a vacation, I guess. Sorry if I made you worry." Her voice was light. The girl laughs and lightly hits (y/n) in the shoulder.

"No, you're fine. So, are you dating one of them?" She tries to keep her voice quiet but fails as she guides us to a table. (Y/n) gives a quiet shout of surprise. I stiffen and Mako exchanges a shocked look with me.

"Shut Up! No! We are just friends!" (Y/n) quickly states with wide (e/c) eyes. Yeah, right. We arrive at the table and she gives us three menus. "You know what I want. My usual." (Y/n) smiles, not looking at us because of her friend's comment.

"I'll get what ever she's having." Mako gives back the menu to the waitress. I agree with Mako and also hand mine in.

"But you guys don't know what it is." The girl laughs with a bright smile. I shrug and Mako chuckles. (Y/n) looks a bit flustered.

"I love surprises!" I respond brightly. Mako laughs and fixes his scarf. We dive into the night. Mako and (y/n) talking about random things. I try to say something but they don't acknowledge my presence.

They really must like each other... Mako went to go pay while we fixed up the table so it would be easier on the busser when they make their way to the table. They couldn't stop talking! Mako was so happy! I've never seen him that happy before! I needed to know. If I know, I can decide if I should stay, move on, or help out. What question do I ask? How do I ask it... "Do you like Mako?" I ask, unrestrained. (Y/n) gasps with a deep red blush. She stacks the tea cups on the empty plates with a suddenly shakey hand.

Whoops! I didn't mean to make her flustered like that!