Chapter 36

"Why would you send her back?" Was all you could make out in a hushed tone. Tezin showed a guilty face for a second before turning into a face of no emotion.

"Ikki was wanting you. I suggest you go back home." He ignores your question and dismisses you coldly. You shoot him a glare and turn away swiftly.

You didn't want to start a feud with Tenzin, so you obeyed him. You grumbled loudly and kicked a pebble along the path. You didn't watch where you were going and bumped into someone.

"Oof. Sorry—" you start to apologize casually but immediately went formal. "I'm sorry, sir." In frount of you was Tarrlock, one of the councilmen of Republic City. You bow as he chuckles roughly.

"It's okay." He smiles. "Are you the stand in for the Fire Ferrets?" He gives you a questioning look. You shrug and slightly blush, thinking back to Mako.

"Yes, but it was just once when Hasook was sick." You were short worded, not wanting to sound arrogant at an official. Tarrlock just nods.

"Are you interested in fighting the Equalist?"

Hasook POV

We were fighting again. "Hasook, you need to learn that it isn't a show for waterbending. Just do the job straight away, there is no need to show off." Mako complains for like the millionth time.

"Shut your trap, Mako. It's called intimidation for a reason!" I fight back, hotheaded.

Mako throws down his helmet and stomps over to me. I copy him, ready to fight. "Well, on this team, we are going to show our threat by beating them off of the court in the shortest amount of time!"

Bolin coughs on his water. "Hey, guys, let's settle down. We have a big game tonight, let's not ruin it!" I just roll my eyes.

"Bolin, your the least favorite out of the trio, why do you even speak?!" I lash out. I was annoyed on how he was always trying to blow out a spark, afraid it will start a wild fire. Guess what, Bolin! We are in the middle of a freaking ocean!

Mako suddenly jumps on me, cursing. "You leave Bolin out of this!" He punches my jaw. I see stars for a second. I recover quickly and defend myself.

After escaping the fire bender, I storm out. I hear Bolin sigh and Mako huff. "I seriously hope he doesn't show up." Mako sounded defeated.

Your POV

"I'm glad your staying, Korra." It would be nice to have a girl your age to hang around with. Korra blushes.

"Thanks, I'm glad I can stay was well." She goes silent for a second. "Have you've ever been to a probending match, (y/n)?" She seems embarrassed asking.

"Yeah, loads of times. They are super exciting!" You smile to yourself, thinking about Mako. You look up to meet Korra's hopeful eyes. "Why?" You peep out quietly, not wanting to sound rude to the avatar.

Her eyes turn from hope to a cold anger. You were intimidated. You blink slowly as if any sudden movement will set her off. Of course the opposite is true. She probably doesn't know blood bending, but you did. At points in time would be so sensitive to movements, you couldn't help but flick a finger or wrist, killing the controlled.

"Tenzin won't allow me to go out and see one, a match." You frown at her words. Why would he allow me, but not Korra? "Are you his favorite or something?" She was joking but there was a underline tone of jealousy.

"I don't know, it's a really close tie between me and his kids." You laugh it off. Fortunately, Korra laughs as well and eases the invisible tension.

"How about you come with me tonight?" You perk up with the question. Korra squeals.

"Oh my gosh! Really?" She jumps from her sitting position from your bed, ecstatic. "This is wonderful! My first probending match and with my new friend! This so unbelievable!"

In fact it was unbelievable. The avatar called you her new friend even though you barely know each other. You beamed brightly with a full set of teeth.

Finally, a friend of my bending type.

"Ah, (y/n)! Have you seen Korra around here by any chance?" Tezin catches you about to sneak out the door with Korra. She was already on the other side. You freeze for a second. You turn around slowly, trying to act natural....obviously failing.

"Um.... no. I haven't. Sorry." You rub the back of your neck awkwardly. Tezin doesn't seem to catch on.

"Okay, well, she probably is practicing or something of the sort. I need a water bender to clean the sky bison's area." Your stiff smile falters for a second. You quickly recover.

"Sure, I can help." You accept his need of help even though you hated cleaning the bison's housing.

Korra POV

Wait. What?! She's also a waterbender?! I thought she was an airbender?!

My thoughts were interrupted when (Y/n)'s head peeped out of the door way. "Go on without me. But make sure not to get caught." She whispers quickly.

"(Y/n)? Who are you talking to?" Tezin's voice was far away. I held back a laugh. (Y/n) must be looking really weird in Tezin's point of view.

"I was just—scolding a lemur for making a mess in the dirt." (Y/n) tries to pull off a lie. From the sound of it, she did.

It's a shame that she can come along and explain everything. But, good thing I am a fast learner.

A/n:

I'm sooooo sorry for not updating in awhile. I was busy with school and I also tried to get it as factual as possible. So...yeah.

I'm trying my hardest though >_<

(I finished typing this on Tuesday but I don't want to mess up the schedule)