Chapter 19

Keietsu POV:

Mom puts an omelette on the tray and starts making our own breakfast. I take the tray back out and see (Y/n) examining the curtains. I clear my throat and smile. "Your meal is here. Enjoy." I unload the tray and leave. She says a thanks and I nod.

I enter the kitchen again. "She's happy now. No harm done." I set down the tray and help Mom with the rest of the food. She shoots daggers at me and says nothing.

"It doesn't help her character development." She finally bitterly states. I sigh and roll my eyes. I was about to comment when I hear the frount door open and close. Two male voices shout in joy.

Mom rushes to the room with a short gasp. "I TOLD YOU NOT TO COME BACK! UNLESS YOU ARE TO PAY HER FEE! LEAVE!!" Mom screams at the top of her lungs, cutting the happy cheers to an end.

——————————————
Y/N POV

Aiuoko was yelling, you jump in shock. Why is she yelling at  Mako and Bolin? Bolin quickly pulled out a couple of bundles of cash. Your eyes widen. "Where did you get that much money?" He smirks and gives an innocent wink.

"We did a lot of work." He responds slyly, laughing after that. You join in and look back at Aiuoko.

"You really got the money. I don't believe it! Keietsu! They actually got the money!" She exclaims happily. The son of the inn keeper rushes into the room. He shouts in joy and brings Mako and Bolin into a quick hug. You catch Mako's eyes and a zap of excitement courses through your body.

You give a small smile and touch your hair subtilely, trying to fix it. He gives a smile back, sending another wave of chills down your back. Why does he make me feel this way? Keietsu pulls out of the hug and cheers with his mother.

After breakfast you, Mako, and Bolin catch the first ship back to Republic City. Bolin explored the ship and you and Mako leaned on the rail, looking out into the ocean. "Why are guys out here?" You ask, breaking the silence. The waves splash at a slow rate. You see him tense and mess with his scarf.

"You were gone for a while and we wanted to make sure you were okay." He stutters out. You blush, your heart was pounding against your ribs.

"That's sweet." You mumble, sliding a strand of hair behind  your ear. Mako smiles and your heart flutters.

—————————————
Mako POV

My head spins when my pulse started to race. Why does she make me feel this way? I fix my scarf and hear her sigh. "So, how is pro-bending?" She asks with a chuckle.

"Huh?" I look at her blankly, my eyes wide. "Oh, um, we actually need a replacement for this week. Hasook has a serious cold and can't do anything." I stutter out, surprised.

(Y/n) nods and thinks about it. "Well, I could help. I think it would be fun." She smiles at me, sending down the good kind of chills down my spine. I nod eagerly.

"That would be great!" I exclaim with a wide smile and a light shade of a blush.

~~~~~~
(Y/n) POV

You had arrived at the Air Temple, preparing yourself for an ear full from Pema and Tenzin. You adjust your jacket and step into the temple. "Hello?" You call out into the dim lit area. "I'm home!" You nervously chuckle to yourself. They are probably asleep anyways, it's very late...

Jinora walks into the corridor with a book and an apple. She took a bite of the apple and sleepily turned the page, yawning. "Hey," You start to say. The young Airbender jumps with a scream.

You fly back into the wall with a blast of air. "Ugghhhh..." you groan out. You start to get up, trying to shake off the pain from the sudden attack. Jinora gasps and drops her items as she rushes to you.

"(Y/n)? You're back! Where have you been? We've been worried sick!" Her soft voice reached your ears, making you smile. She helps you up and stares into your (e/c) eyes from her shorter height.

"Sorry, I don't know what came over me. I guess I had to go on an adventure." You stare, still confused why would you do that in the first place. "I was at the South Pole. At a place called The IceBerg Inn. The inn keeper was really nice. But apparently she thought I was a girl with the name of Watatsumi." You chuckle to yourself, rubbing your now throbbing head.

"That's interesting." She pauses and sighs. "Sorry for doing that, attacking you, I mean. You scared me." She gives a smile. You smile back, putting down your hand.

"That's fine. I would've done the same..." an idea pops into your head. "Since I'm not tired, and you seem like you can't sleep, I was wondering if you could give me a few pointers on Air-bending technique." You mess with the hem of your jacket, feeling a little foolish.

Her face brightens up with an eager smile. "I would love to..." she looks stares at your attire, thinking. "Except, your not going to move well in those thick clothes." She glared at your appearance. You look down and chuckle.

"What would I wear then?" Suddenly heating up from the clothing made for the South Pole. She gives you a knowing smile.

A/n: Sorry for the missed update.
This is 1/2 update from the double update.

(Update has been used a lot in this A/n, huh)