Chapter 24

A/n: This chapter will be VERY short because I have a graduation to prepare for.

Whoops! I didn't mean to make her flustered like that! (Y/n) looks away with a nervous chuckle. "What do you mean?" She sets down the rest of the plates. My face flushes as rub the back my head.

"Well, you know..." I try to think of a subtle way to resay it, "Do you have a crush on Mako?" I blurt, failing miserably. She gasps and looks away.

"Why are you asking this? Of course not, we are just friends!" She adjusts her outfit, looking back at me awkwardly. Okay, she definitely does have a crush on him.

"Oh, you don't. I was just reading the signs wrong then." I make up a lie, cursing in my head. I'm an idiot!

Mako walks up to the table with a happy gait. "Okay, the supper is payed for." He stretches with a short yawn. "It's late, we should all hit the hay." (Y/n) yawns as well and nods.

"It was good day today. Ecespcally* after the point I scored! That was a true miracle!" (Y/n) sighs tiredly. "That actually drained all of my energy. Tell Hasook that I wish he would get better soon." With that she left us standing silently in the fancy tea shop.

"Boy, She sure is something." Mako mutters to himself with a small smile. Envy pushes into my mind. I will it to leave, but like a catchy song, it won't go.

.

We walk into our home, slumped shouldered and heavy eyes. "Mako, do you like (y/n)?" I suddenly ask, half surprising myself in the process. His face flares up in a rosy shade of pink. I roll my eyes, knowing what his answer would be.

"What? No!" He draws in a sharp breath. "Bo, she is your chance to have a steady relationship! Why would I want to take that away?" He takes off his scarf and puts it on the coat rack along his jacket.

——-(Reality)———

I bury my face into my pillow, wanting to scream. Why does this happen to me?! This is so lame! Why does life and love have to be so hard?! I started to rant in my head. I start to shift in my bed, uncomfortable in all directions.

—————————-
Tenzin POV

I finish up with some paper work and headed for the exit of my office. I see a person shuffle past in the hallway, clad in orange and red. I thought everybody has gone to bed. I start my path, following the figure. "Who is up at this hour?" I call out.

I hear foot steps back track and face of a young girl stares at me. "(Y/n)? Where have you been all this time? Does the match take that long?" I paused. "You missed supper." She bows lowly and apologizes.

"I'm sorry, sir. I was out celebrating my first win with Mako and Bolin." Her face flushes slightly when she says the firebender's name. (Y/n) meets my gaze and I walk up the rest of the way to her. I give her a small smile and a pat on the shoulder.

"It's fine." Wait... first win?! "Wait, your first win?!" I pull her into a quick hug. "Congratulations! Now, I hope y9u can be here tomorrow when we train. Milo and Ikki missed you today during the training session." I chuckle deeply, as we continue to walk down the hallway.

(Y/n) scoffs. "Not Jinora?" She questions jokingly. I give another laugh.

"Unfortunately not. She was to busy yelling at them to focus and stop complaining." (Y/n) joins in with a loud snort. She covers up her face shyly.

"Sorry. That rarely happens." She mutters quietly. I ask about the match and she jumps excitedly as she relives the moments in the ring.

"And now I'm here at the temple." We had arrived at her room awhile ago but she wanted to finish the story. She opens the door and steps in. "Good night, Tenzin." She yawns widely.

"Good night, (y/n). Make sure you rest well, we always rise early." I wave slightly and head for my room that I share with my wife, Pema.

Pema was already asleep, snoring. Oh, what did I have to do tomorrow? Some trip? Ah, I'll just as, her tomorrow, I'm sure it's not as important as the rise of chaos in the city is. I change into my night clothes,, tired as a rock. I pull the blankets over me, more than ready to sleep.

A/n: Sorry for the short chapter, I have a graduation that I must perform at and I needed to prep for it.

A few notes~~

-* means I know it is a misspelling
- The Korra-reader's first chapter is almost done but the story updating on that (once it gets started) is still to be determined

Thank you for reading electrical currents :)

Now, I have to get to sleep, it is past my bed time and I'm super tired!

—-Next chapter will be longer at its original word count